My lyrics....

yeah i like opeth, but tbh i never read their lyrics carefully :D
i don't think all metal lyrics suck ,but there sooo many of these i mentioned.

I know what you mean, and you're right.

I mean hell, it's sad when you see a great band, like In Flames, write lyrics like...

You receive what you give
And this is like nothing
I feel like shit
But at least I feel something

Is this all you meant to be?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah in flames are great but when i heard this song the first time i laughed my ass off.

post_into_cobot-1.jpg
Noce update :lol:.

For fuck's sake, at least give him some constructive criticism instead of verbally vomiting all over him.

Baaaawwwwwwwwwwww Baaaawwwwwwwwwwww Baaaawwwwwwwwwwww

bunch of boring shit.

I did. It was "don't be a pussy". Music is opinion, and I express my opinion, and I don't like pussy lyrics.
I'm sorry I don't every one of my setances with "imo" or "jk lololololo".
Not all metal lyrics are bad, though they're rarely Dylan-level (what ever is?).

-1893843928932 points for not knowing Bob-Dylan, you must be 12.
And I wasn't saying all metal lyrics are bad, I just dislike emo-esque whinefests.
I generally only like lyrics in cheesy metal, becuase of its lulzworthyness.

And so the ivory towers crumble, and the shadow
of the coliseum darkens like the crust of my pita snack
tearing and ripping like trojans on the oiled loaf of
MAAAADNEESSSS
Persevere on like the hero of Athens
and the maiden Athena will carry you home
But take care, that Zeus knows not your face
for your life he will take, or at least your feta
SAAAALAAAAAAD

There we fucking go!
I'm rather reminded of Food Metal!

-1893843928932 points for not knowing Bob-Dylan, you must be 12.
And I wasn't saying all metal lyrics are bad, I just dislike emo-esque whinefests.
I generally only like lyrics in cheesy metal, becuase of its lulzworthyness.

There we fucking go!
I'm rather reminded of Food Metal!

Of course I know who Dylan is :lol:

I meant what ever is Dylan-level lyricism. Or else I would have said "whoever that is" not what. But I can see the misunderstanding. That said, I can completely relate to your reaction, thinking I didn't recognize one of the best songwriters/lyricists in music history, even if it was folk music. You have to appreciate mastership.

EDIT: Good old Food Metal. Reminds me of Devin's new upcoming work called Deconstruction of a Cheeseburger.

I'm sorry but it's hard to judge some lyrics without the music. Lyrics must fit the music. Usually, you have the music, you have the melody of what you'll sing and then the lyrics. The thing is that it's well written but it's hard to give a judgment when we don't have the music and the way it is said (singing, type of voice etc...). It's not hard to write something nice, it's just hard to sing it right and make it match with the music, the intention etc...

But don't listen to some people here who say what's metal and what's not :lol:

I'm sorry but it's hard to judge some lyrics without the music. Lyrics must fit the music. Usually, you have the music, you have the melody of what you'll sing and then the lyrics. The thing is that it's well written but it's hard to give a judgment when we don't have the music and the way it is said (singing, type of voice etc...). It's not hard to write something nice, it's just hard to sing it right and make it match with the music, the intention etc...

But don't listen to some people here who say what's metal and what's not :lol:

Thank you man, Thanks!!!

I think the COBOT is not the right place to ask for some feed back... it always ends up like that :rolleyes:.

About lyrics: i usually don't pay attention to their meanings. I like how words sound, when a singer insist in some words, when he chooses them for their sounds and how they match the music more than their meanings.

Lyrics must fit the music. Usually, you have the music, you have the melody of what you'll sing and then the lyrics.
I dissagree, I think either way can be effective.
Just depends, some people work differently than others.

About lyrics: i usually don't pay attention to their meanings. I like how words sound, when a singer insist in some words, when he chooses them for their sounds and how they match the music more than their meanings.

So, you scat? :p
Majorly dissagree, if you are doing lyrics, they should make sense.
Using the voice as a musical instrument, concentrating on specific sounds is great. Sigur Ros does a great job with it, and as mentioned, scat jazz. But if one is going to actually make lyrics, then they should mean something. They don't have to mean much, but something.

So, you scat? :p

:lol: probably !!

Yeah i wasn't telling a fact it's just what i like. And aboutwriting process, you're right it depends. Everybody do like they feel it. It's just that i believe that a lot of bands/artists work like that, according what i usually read. Maybe its the easiest way, dunno (i've never written any lyrics or poetry so...).

So I sat down and wrote some lyrics for my band...this is my first ever attempt and English is not my native language but i though i should give it a go...Anyway here they are, please tell me what you think any opinion is welcome...Thanks in advance....:)

(No title yet)
trying to hide I hear you calling my name
Fade out, I choke, Every breath I take
In my eyes, there is nothing there but fear
and my heart is filled with despair
Dig up my grave and bury all my dreams
the constant struggle of being alive
Living is so hard

Making my way through this mess we have caused
any purpose of life is now lost
Lost within this disenchanted belief
It's easier now-turn my back, wash away you all
This disease is no longer consuming me
You had your chance

I'm waiting for your opinion, thanks for taking the time.... :)

Nothing special, to be honest. You use images that have been used thousands of times and it sorta sounds teenage-angst-ridden. Too cliché. I also fail to see the connection between some of the lines.

But well, as it has been pointed out already, it's hard to judge without knowing the music. It might fit or it might not, but on a lyrical level it needs work IMO. :)

Noce update :lol:.

I did. It was "don't be a pussy". Music is opinion, and I express my opinion, and I don't like pussy lyrics.
I'm sorry I don't every one of my setances with "imo" or "jk lololololo".

[/URL]

Simply calling it emo/pussy shit is not being constructive. You could at least have said what you felt needed changing or what would make it sound better. But no, you threw out a cheap put down.

Go write some lyrics yourself, then see how you feel when a whole thread full of people spew vitriol and don't even try and give you some constructive feedback. Put downs are easy. Actually making the effort to create something is a whole lot nobler.

Simply calling it emo/pussy shit is not being constructive. You could at least have said what you felt needed changing or what would make it sound better. But no, you threw out a cheap put down.

Go write some lyrics yourself, then see how you feel when a whole thread full of people spew vitriol and don't even try and give you some constructive feedback. Put downs are easy. Actually making the effort to create something is a whole lot nobler.

you should know: he's a cunt.

....Lyrics don't mean anything to me at all. Just like Lussi said, I pay attention to the vocal melodies themselves but not the words. I can really dig vocal harmonies (I really dig those in Styx they're awesome). As far as I'm concerned, if all the songs were instrumentals it wouldn't make me sad or anything.

TO THREAD STARTER : do you start off your compositions by writing the lyrics ? Because I think lyrics should serve the music and not the other way around.

Cheers.

....Lyrics don't mean anything to me at all. Just like Lussi said, I pay attention to the vocal melodies themselves but not the words. I can really dig vocal harmonies (I really dig those in Styx they're awesome). As far as I'm concerned, if all the songs were instrumentals it wouldn't make me sad or anything.

TO THREAD STARTER : do you start off your compositions by writing the lyrics ? Because I think lyrics should serve the music and not the other way around.

Cheers.

I actually try find the melody firts but I have the music... Anyway I think i wrote some better lyrics for another song and at least is more metal...i'll post it if you want, opinions matter to me whether thay are good or bad!:)

No, its not a solid fact, his lyrics are "gay", but I shouldn't have to end every sentence with "imo" or "jkjklolol" just to save the feelings of people. I don't write anything other than my opinion...because why the fuck would I write otherwise? It is constructive for someone, who doesn't want to sound emo/pussy. I even said "I guess they aren't terrible"...

And its 2009, not 1309. I'm sorry I don't act with proper nobility and honour on a fucking message board you dumb twat.

Also. I don't like lyrics, as I've said. So why the fuck would I go write some? And how the fuck would my being shit at writing lyrics make his any better? I don't like the lyrics. So I told the guy, I didn't like them, and specifically why. He even thanked me, but I don't know if you saw that. You just saw one guy not being nice, and jumped to be a White Knight, because I didn't start my post off with "Pretty good, but...." and end with "imo".

No, its not a solid fact, his lyrics are "gay", but I shouldn't have to end every sentence with "imo" or "jkjklolol" just to save the feelings of people. I don't write anything other than my opinion...because why the fuck would I write otherwise? It is constructive for someone, who doesn't want to sound emo/pussy. I even said "I guess they aren't terrible"...

And its 2009, not 1309. I'm sorry I don't act with proper nobility and honour on a fucking message board you dumb twat.

Also. I don't like lyrics, as I've said. So why the fuck would I go write some? And how the fuck would my being shit at writing lyrics make his any better? I don't like the lyrics. So I told the guy, I didn't like them, and specifically why. He even thanked me, but I don't know if you saw that. You just saw one guy not being nice, and jumped to be a White Knight, because I didn't start my post off with "Pretty good, but...." and end with "imo".

I respect your opinion man...i think different opinions will help me..I didn't post with the feeling that all will praise me...Some will like it and some not...anyway I have to admit that they aren't the best but it was just a start...I think my second attempt is better anyway...:)