Señor Miembro
Feb 17, 2009
Argentina
reg3n.bandcamp.com
Hi there, lemme show you my mixing bussing and stuff:

(All Sonar)

All tracks are something like the following:

LGuitar & Rguitar ---> Guitar Main BUS
All drum single parts, including rooms, no OH's ---> Pre-Drum BUS ---> Drum Main BUS
Durm's OH's ---> Drum Main BUS
Bass track ---> Bass Main BUS

And if i don't forget anything, that's mostly it.

So the thing is i make my main busses peak at something like -12db and go from there, always go down with the levels from here, depending on each main bus RMS i'm getting, to kind'a balance the sound and all that.

Then on my master bus (apart from all eq, comp, and everything i didn't mention for the other busses, but i do use) the last thing on my chain is a limiter with a brickwall @ -0.1.

I've come to achive some results i actually like, but then when i read these threads or websites talking about headroom, hot tracking, etc, i kind'a go lost, is my bussing ok? when speaking about "peaking -6" is that supposed to be in this case my main busses doing that? is it ok i put that limiter on the master and squash everything to -0.1? i dunno i have the feeling something's wrong and i kind'a get lost trying to figure out what it is... :loco: but i really want to get this working the best i can, so i hear ya.

Thanks in advance to every reply :kickass:

-0.3 gives you less chance of inter-sample peaks.

Your workflow seems fine though dude so I would stop worrying about it and just focus on making music :)