Effects and Bus Routing?

I might be an idiot, but I don't. Delays/verb/etc seem like the sorts of things to me that don't really benefit from the saturation and compression that buses are typically used for. I prefer to get them to sound exactly the way I want with the correct space in the mix and never touch them again.

Me too man. I completely agree with this. The only time I use buses is for drum compression.

Me too man. I completely agree with this. The only time I use buses is for drum compression.

What about Stereo Effects on mono tracks. My vocal tracks are mono so if want a stereo reverb or delay a stereo bus is the way i've been doing it. Really like this thread so far, some good points on both sides.

mixing with busses like the way Chris and Jordon have explained has literally been the best thing to ever happen to my mixes.

This. I prefer pre-fader and post-fx sends for some tracks, though. You can figure some other ways to do it in Reaper as it is the most flexible DAW I know at this but I find this setup easier and more visible.

Bump.

Im really interested in what most of you are doing with effects (Reverb & Delays)

Example.

You have some vocal tracks all going to an "ALL VOCALS" bus/aux. Are most of you sending the reverbs and delays there as well or are they going to a separate aux/bus. Right now currently i send all delays and reverbs to a separate "all fx" bus/aux. Just curious to how most of you do it. Cheers

Lately I've been only having 1 Vocal Bus (folder) and all vocal tracks inside this. I compress each vocal track individually and then comp/limit, verb and delay on the bus. It really glues everything together but sometimes having a separate bus for backing vocals is totally needed since the main vox sort of bury the backing.

Lately I've been only having 1 Vocal Bus (folder) and all vocal tracks inside this. I compress each vocal track individually and then comp/limit, verb and delay on the bus. It really glues everything together but sometimes having a separate bus for backing vocals is totally needed since the main vox sort of bury the backing.

Really? You are not using sends/aux's for delay and reverb? I use sends always for delays and reverbs so im wondering where most peoples delays and revebs finally end up. Now they end up in an "all fx" bus so if my final vocal bus is muted i still hear the delays and reverbs. Wondering if most do it this way. Cheers

Really? You are not using sends/aux's for delay and reverb? I use sends always for delays and reverbs so im wondering where most peoples delays and revebs finally end up. Now they end up in an "all fx" bus so if my final vocal bus is muted i still hear the delays and reverbs. Wondering if most do it this way. Cheers

I used to but not so much anymore. Wet/dry knob in all of Reapers plugins seems to be working just fine.

I know most of you guys are using sends/aux/bus for reverbs and delays, can anyone out there throw their 2 cents in on where their reverbs and delay bus gets sent before the "master/2bus" and why. Now i currently send them to an fx bus not to the corresponding vocal or instrument bus. Thanks