My new custom Superstrat, check it out.

gemini8026

always a n00b
Aug 15, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
www.jeffwizniak.com
So 14 months in the making, numerous changes due to issues, etc....

It was originally an Ibanez 2620 series guitar with the Cubed Pewter finish. However, due to an unforseen circumstance, the whole order changed, and I made the luthier "Chris Woods" life a lot more annoying :)

Here's the specs.

-1 piece mahogony body
-24 Stainless Steel Jumbo Frets
-5 piece maple neck with extra graphite stabiliser rods (insanely strong for my rough climate)
-Wolfgang Asymetrical Profile with Oiled Finish and 1 11/16 nut width (feels awesome)
-Maple Fretboard with Pyramid inlay
-5 bolt neck joint for extra stability
-Emg 89/81 pickup combo (89 was just added, not in pics)
-Edge Pro Tremolo
-Gotoh tuners

There's a long story to this that I wont bore you with. But for what I paid, I am pretty happy. I didnt ask Chris to put on the Ibanez logo on the headstock, but he did it. The body itself is his design. I was fine with a plain look, but he suggested it, and I kinda like it. It is subtle, yet decorative without being overbored.

IT plays good. The neck is insanely strong. In fact, the truss rod has a hard time doing anything. I figured id go 5 piece and I asked Chris to put in the rods because in my climate, things are crazy, and necks can require lots of tweaking.

The guitar is a culmination of all things I like. I LOVE THE WOLFGANG PROFILE, it feels like butter in my hands. I wanted a guitar that didnt require any major work down the road, so I got the SS frets, and they feel no different to me then anything else I have played in my 35+ guitars. I like them.

It sounds really good, and even unplugged the one piece body, strong neck, good joint, offer a great tone.

Im still letting the neck settle in, and doing little set up touch ups, but its a really solid machine and for the price, I DIDNT go wrong. Total cost of this guitar will be around ~1000$ shipped to my door. You cant complain about that, and part of that is because Chris did me a huge favor, so dont epect to get that kind of a rate from him now, he's just too busy.

Anyhow, here's some pics of the beast!!!

check him out... www.christopherwoods.com.... He does quality work, and his prices are good. He is a growing luthier, so his turnaround times are slowly improving, and I have a feeling in a short while it will be TOUGH to get an order with him in because he offers a LOT at really good prices!

Anyhow, any questions, fire away. Enjoy......

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

Very nice dude (are those pyramid inlays?) - but damn, 4 trem springs? How thick are your strings? And I couldn't work in a room lit like that for long hours, it'd do weird things to my head! o_O

Metal. I have the trem blocked for dives only!

Im tuned down half step to Eb

And those are LED based lights. I have a controller that lets me set them to any color I want, as well I can make them dance and fake in and our (DMX lighting) so yah, it's not toooooo crazy!!!. Right now I have a nice aqua theme where the green and blue dance very slowly creating an underwater effect!

Ah gotcha - and I just noticed your background, does the LCD in the picture also have a picture of your desk as the desktop? (like one of those infinite mirrors :D)