my newest mix (comeback kid meets acacia strain)

Love the voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And nice gangshouts:)
But I would use different samples it sounds very robotic.....
Also the guitars seem a little too boxy. I know it works great for the riffing but I would just cut a little bit mids, and bring up the bass guitar

cheers

But I would use different samples it sounds very robotic.....
cheers

I agree with this. Or, if you keep the samples I would cut some mids out of that kick and maybe add a little low end to the snare just to help their tonality. There is a lot of mid range action going on in this mix with the guitars sounding the way they do, so if some mids are bumped down a little somewhere it seems like the mix would clean up. Great vocals too. That guy definitely has it.

I think this is almost only a compressor and maybe some light eq.
What you hear is a great vocal performance!!!!!

Good performances make a song good:)

yupp, that's all we did, compression and i didn't really do much eq on vocals besides a hp

appreciate the tips too dude, i'm going to be driving all day, but i'll try to post a new mix tonight with lower mids and maybe try something different with the drums

I agree with this. Or, if you keep the samples I would cut some mids out of that kick and maybe add a little low end to the snare just to help their tonality. There is a lot of mid range action going on in this mix with the guitars sounding the way they do, so if some mids are bumped down a little somewhere it seems like the mix would clean up. Great vocals too. That guy definitely has it.

thanks alot man, i'll give this a shot