My RADEON 9600 PRO has finally arrived!!!

AcesHigh

Sep 25, 2002
Novo Hamburgo, Brasil
$210 dollars!! Good price, considering it was imported and all... i will install it today and test all its wonderfull POWERS!!! Finally I will be able to play some game again in the PC... I am with a Trident 9400 right now after I sold my Geforce 3 Ti200.

the 9800 PRO is TOO expensive in Brasil. Because of the difference between Brazilian currency and dollar, without internal inflation of prices and salaries in Brasil, the price I paid for the 9600 PRO (U$210) in Brasil is equivalent to about U$600 for you americans. Would you pay $600 for a card? I did :)

black market from Paraguay. So you dont pay for the absurd 60% taxes of the brazilian gov. over imported computer products. Its very common here in Brasil. 80% of my computer is black market from Paraguay. I think only my monitor is legal... cuz is made in Brasil by LG, so its not imported and so its not that expensive.

Sonnenritter said:
Damn, that's waaaay over-priced. For $550, you could buy the new GeForce FX card here. Fuck government taxes!
our holy government labels computers as luxury stuff...therefore they are heavily taxed, those bastards don't understand gaming is a primary necesity :mad:

Sonnenritter said:
Damn, that's waaaay over-priced. For $550, you could buy the new GeForce FX card here. Fuck government taxes!

Still I would rather buy the Radeon 9700 Pro for less than half the price, overclock it and have it run almost as fast as the 5900 Ultra ;)