my Savage just died... HELP!

Allu83

Jun 22, 2008
Milan - Italy
www.myspace.com
as said in the topic.. my savage just died... :cry:

I'm trying to figure out what happend...
as I turned on the Power (all cables plugged... power, cabinet etc) I noticed one of the power tubes was glowing strangely... and also some strange noise was coming from the cab..somekind of electric interferences...even if it was still in standby...

as I turned on the standby switch just a really loud "WOOOOO" was coming out from the cab (all volume knobs were down to 0) then, suddendly, I saw a flash coming from the powertubes and it shut down... the fuse was blown...

Now.. I think that it was just because of a broken tube, but...it already happend about 1 year ago with the Dual Recto... do you think that it's possible that it's something related to the electric system of my studio? :cry:

any suggestion is appreciated!
thanks guys...

as said in the topic.. my savage just died... :cry:

I'm trying to figure out what happend...
as I turned on the Power (all cables plugged... power, cabinet etc) I noticed one of the power tubes was glowing strangely... and also some strange noise was coming from the cab..somekind of electric interferences...even if it was still in standby...

as I turned on the standby switch just a really loud "WOOOOO" was coming out from the cab (all volume knobs were down to 0) then, suddendly, I saw a flash coming from the powertubes and it shut down... the fuse was blown...

Now.. I think that it was just because of a broken tube, but...it already happend about 1 year ago with the Dual Recto... do you think that it's possible that it's something related to the electric system of my studio? :cry:

any suggestion is appreciated!
thanks guys...

Hey man, are you Alu from Guitar amp modeling? Did you fix the Duel Rectifier when this happened to it?

@muckypup1
sorry no, that's not me... i'm not a big fan of amp modelling either! I still prefer micing the amp! :)
When the Dual Recto blown, I've changed the powertubes & fuse and all went fine, but it happend exactly when I turned on the standby switch, not after about 15/20 seconds as with the savage!

...here's still snowing and I can't get out of my house... I feeling like I'll have to wait after the holidays for get a new pair of tubes... that sux... :erk: