My thoughts on PP X and PPXI

Apr 3, 2004
Nashville, TN
Hello all,

I wanted give my thoughts on this year's show and what i think of the line-up for next year.

This year's show was amazing. I typically only know a few of the bands at each show so every year I find a new band that I love. This year was a bit different because I was very familiar with most of the bands. As always this show did not disappoint. I loved all the bands and found no issue with the sound except for one set. For some reason I could not hear the lead guitar solos for Sabaton's set. Besides that one MINOR thing, i thoughtall the bands sounded good.

My Favorite - Pagan's Mind - I figured this would be my favorite band and they were. They are a class act and always put on a great show. Jorn is my favorite guitarist and he always amazes me how easy he makes it look. Brainstorm and Sabaton sure did give Pagan's Mind a run for my top spot.

Biggest Surprise - DGM - I was fully prepared to be bored to tears but i was totally blown away by their performance. I will never buy a cd from these guys but will always go see them live. What a fun set and this was one i did not want to end.

Loved PP X and hope next year to see and meet more people.

Thoughts on PP XI - Here is the perfect example of a show where I am not familiar with many of the bands. I was only Familiar with Kamelot and Tarot. The other 10, i had never heard. From the presentation, i am going to LOVE this show. I am more of a power fan than i am prog fan. i do like prog but would pick power 9 times out of 10. Looks like I have alot of cd's i have to buy to get ready for next year.

Glenn, thank you again for a great show and I look forward to next year's show as well. i appreciate all of the hard work and dedication you have for this show as well for the fans. you are the man!!!!

Brand