My Top 10 CDs of 2011

TageRyche

May 13, 2007
It's taken me a while to finish the last 2 CDs that I had to review, but with that task now complete I can move on to 2012.

Before I do though, here's my list of the 10 best CDs of 2011.

1. Whitesnake - Forevermore

The album was one of the first ones I bought in 2011 and it has never left my work bag the whole time since. This album was simply outstanding.

2. Beth Hart / Joe Bonamassa - Don't Explain

Likely the biggest surprise to me on the list. I like both artists but a covers album of jazz, R&B, soul and other songs as one of MY favorites. That shows you how good it is.

3. The Elves (featuring Ronnie James Dio) - And Before Elf...There Were Elves

The music world lost a giant when Ronnie James Dio passed. This archival release highlights an early part of his rise to the top of the Silver Mountain!

4. Simon Kirke - Filling The Void

The drummer behind all the big Bad Company hits turns the tables with this solo release. A solid rock and roll album that comes with a light touch instead of a ton of tricks of the trade.

5. Black Country Communion - 2

This album is a great album but for me it was a little less masterful than the first album.

6. Iced Earth - Dystopia

Best Iced Earth album from top to bottom in years.

7. U.D.O. - Rev-Raptor

The appreciation of Udo Dirkschneider continues to grow with each successive release from the band.

8. Anthrax - Worship Music

It was a long time coming but well worth the wait.

9. Bad Company - Live At Wembley

Documenting the band's Wembley Stadium concert in fine fashion.

10. Doro - 25 Years...And Still Going Strong

The CD part of this 2 disc DVD/ 1 CD release amply demonstrates why Doro Pesch remains the Metal Queen.

i have 3 of those albums mentioned. all 3 are good. i usually don't try to put live and archive releases in a best of (insert year) list