My Top 10 CDs of 2012

I've never written off Rush, I'm just not a huge fan. I listen to their songs on the radio but that's about it.

Most of their best songs are stuff you never hear on the radio.

I don't know about that, I like the stuff that gets played on the radio.

Oh, and a couple weeks back I saw that Beyond the Lighted Stage documentary on the band. That was pretty good. And I heard an interview with Alex Lifeson on The Eddie Trunk Show that was interesting.

Well, I love all their stuff, but I'm sure just as with any other band you like, it seems that their most popular songs tend to be the "weakest" tracks on the album. Then again, Rush does have a lot of lengthy tunes, so it would stand to reason why some of those songs don't turn up on the radio. It isn't that they aren't good...just very long.

Yes, Beyond the Lighted Stage is a great DVD. Glad to see that the "mainstream" is finally giving them the respect they deserve.

OT: but he's working on his EP right now. I've heard rough cuts of two songs and I can't wait to share them with you! :) I can't just yet because I am literally the only person he has shared with so far (besides the guy he's working with), and well.. you know. But I swear you will hear every demo when it's finally finished. I haven't been this excited about anything he's done in awhile!! You might find a couple live versions on youtube, but he's getting close to being finished with a song called "monster" and "on to something". ;)