O/T - My Top 10 CDs of 2012

Saw Geoff Tate in your list and had to stop reading there, you serious all the great metal albums this year and Geoff Tate solo is on there?

I'll just name a few

Testament - dark roots of earth
Down - purple ep
Soulfly - enslaved
Vision of Disorder - the cursed remain cursed
Six Feet Under - undead
Cannibal Corpse - toture
Napalm death - utilitarian
Fear Factory - the industrialist
Kreator - phantom anti Christ

In no particular order...
Van Halen
Overkill
Kiss
Testament
Soulfly
Aerosmith
UFO
ZZ Top
Down
Rush

One metal album that has not been talked about enough this year is PRONG - Carved Into Stone. It's a very layered album with it's share of melody and catchiness.

In no order of preference:

Lamb of God: Resolution
Deftones: Koi No Yokan
Soulfy: Enslaved
Down: Purple EP
Fear Factory: The Industrialist
Shadows Fall: Fire From The Sky
Gojira: L'enfant Sauvage
Kreator: Phantom Antichrist
The Mark of Cain: Songs of the Thrid and Fifth
Meshuggah: Koloss
Neurosis: Honor Found in Decay
Parkway Drive: Atlas
Rush: Clockwork Angels
Sylosis: Monolith
Testament: Dark Roots

Disappointments: Soundgarden and Baroness

One metal album that has not been talked about enough this year is PRONG - Carved Into Stone. It's a very layered album with it's share of melody and catchiness.

Hell yeah, that is definitely on top 10. Don't know why I forgot out that one, I think I have listened to it so much I forgot it was released this year.

Guess I shouldn't say "hell yeah" as their album this year blew chunks lol

in no particular order:

Kreator - Phantom Antichrist
Testament - Dark Roots Of Earth
Overkill - The Electric Age
Municipal Waste - The Fatal Feast
Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath
Mortification - Scribe Of The Pentateuch
Cannibal Corpse - Torture
Running Wild - Shadowmaker
Manowar - The Lord Of Steel

Saw Geoff Tate in your list and had to stop reading there, you serious all the great metal albums this year and Geoff Tate solo is on there?

You can name all the bands you want. The list is comprised of albums I actually listened to this year.

I cannot review and rank albums I haven't listened to. And unless you are willing to start buying my music for me, I buy what I can.

You can name all the bands you want. The list is comprised of albums I actually listened to this year.

I cannot review and rank albums I haven't listened to. And unless you are willing to start buying my music for me, I buy what I can.

Spend 9 bucks a month and you can listen to virtually every new release on spotify...and yes it's legal. To use money as a reason you haven't listened to more music in 2012 is quite comical...even more so than saying Geoff Tate's solo album is a top 10 album of the year

If you have enough money to get Internet to post on this here forum you have enough for spotify, YouTube, and all if the other legal outlets...not to mention the countless "illegal" ones