My Twin review

the_dying

Jan 4, 2003
La Flandre
gorath.blackmetal.be
KATATONIA (SWE)
MY TWIN (Peaceville Records)
“My Twin” is the single release for the upcoming Katatonia album “The Great Cold Distance”. This mini digipack offers us four tracks of which being the title song as the most important one. “My Twin” is a catchy and mellow tune played straight from the heart. One hundred percent pure Katatonia. Equally important is the opium dub remix of the song. So down to earth, so moody, so ambient,… I’m more addicted to this one than the main version of “My Twin”. “Displaced” and “Dissolving Bonds” are the other songs available, exclusively for this single edition. Both songs aren’t placed on the full album and they actually aren’t that good compared with the other songs on “The Great Cold Distance”. The digipack looks top notch and the full black disc expresses the mood Katatonia represent. If beauty has to be translated into music, Katatonia is what you’ll find…

For Vampire Magazine
-> http://www.vampire-magazine.com/album_reviews/katatonia/41093_katatonia_my_twin.html

the_dying said:
“Displaced” and “Dissolving Bonds” are the other songs available, exclusively for this single edition. Both songs aren’t placed on the full album and they actually aren’t that good compared with the other songs on “The Great Cold Distance”.
If that's true it's gonna be one hell of an album!