My Twin, and rediscovering songs. (rant...)

Hobo

Señor Member
Apr 8, 2002
Kata-land
www.stormrider.se
I almost every day listen to Bandit Radio (swedish rock station.. we voted in Katatonia there a few months ago... anyway.)
and they have Katatonias My Twin on the A-list there, so they play it a couple of times /day.

This has somehow rendered me bored of the song.. i hear it all the time.

But just now they played it, and i got the same feeling i got the first time i heard it.
and damn, my twin is an awesome song. it just gives me chills down my spine.
And it got me thinking.
i just love when this happens.. a song that i know every single tune, and every line of lyric to, that just like that gives that "feeling" again.
that is what realy makes a good song.
most music (even most good music) just dont have that extra something.
even katatonia songs can be played ´til boredom, but a good song can give you that feeling just anytime and anywhere.

damn.. good music is indeed better than sex.

so, move on now.. nothing important, just felt like ranting a bit :)

I understand what you mean. It's like me with Anathema's "Judgement" and "Alternative 4" albums. They used to mean a whole lot to me a couple of years ago, and somehow I just depleted the feeling in them for a while since I listenined to them so damn much. I've recently rediscovered them, and the magic is certainly there. It's really cool.

That's the sign of timeless music!

Recently I was in the car with someone and they put on Metallica's "Master Of Puppets", man, how fucking awesome. I heard the album a quadrillion times and know every note by heart and beyond, but still.. Same thing with "Justice For All" and in particular "One", what an awesome, totally crushing timeless piece of Metal that is. Especially from the point where it gets heavy.

many of the songs on TGCD have that 'awesome' quality that made Katatonia my favourite band a few years ago. since then I've moved on and gone through phases of hardly listening to them, but now that the new album's out i'm getting sucked right back in!