Rediscovering songs

stefan86

invariably off-topic
Feb 19, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.deathdoom.com
Since Katatonia is a band with approximately 70893 great songs I decided to make a thread about rediscovering old favourites or brand new ones and rant for a bit. During the TD song survivors I listened to the four finalists and realized once again that "Right Into The Bliss" is teh seks. Hadn't heard it four months or so and the song totally hit me again. Possibly my favourite on that cd now in competition with "I Am Nothing" and "A Darkness Coming". So, well. Rant on with me or insult me for making this thread :saint:

yeah, both DO, TD and LFDGD are the kinda albums where you forget to play many of the songs while knowing that they own. a song like say, Future of Speech, which has meant insanely much to me I don't play as often today. but when I do play it hits me like hell

Discouraged Ones is the saddest record on the face of the Earth.

If the album had a video, it would just be an angel crying in a cemetary.

Im not being cliche!!!

Yea when i first heard about katatonia last year, i FINALLY got around to gettin the first album (LFDGD) in july of this year. Ironically i got it in the mail the same day me and my gf of 3 years broke up, was so befitting. But my friend kept saying "jonas sounds dead/dieing" on DO and thats what i knew that album for, so i get it and sure as shit just sounds so bleak and empty, which is why it ownzerz. And i think "gone" is teh saddest song evar.

I've been re-discovering O How I Enjoy The Light quite a lot since i voted it off on the polls lol. Seeing it reminded me that I never really gave it much of a listen, now I can't seem to get enough of it, i think it shits all over the original.
Also Clean Today has been played alot again recently, actually i've been rediscovering loads of Katatonia recently just because of the survivor thing thats running on this forum.

the combination of "gone" and breakups just brings people to tears. been there

yeah.. fuckin tell me about it man.. I dont think I've ever heard a more depressing song.

Drank the booze to depress myself, putting on LFDGD to express myself.

I just connected Sentenced and Katatonia...the saddest bands ever.

I really like most of the Katatonia B-sides, a favorite of mine has always been 'help me disappear' which hardly gets mentioned here. It has everything, great lyrics, a catchy driven atmosphere and an almost mainstream rock like sound, like it could almost be played on the radio - almost. I also love 'No Devotion' 'wait outside' and 'dissolving bonds'

Their b-sides could have been easily put on their albums...Most of the time they are the better tracks of the recording session for each respected album. But if you're a good Kat fan you will track them down and play the fuck out of them.

Drank the booze to depress myself, putting on LFDGD to express myself.

I just connected Sentenced and Katatonia...the saddest bands ever.

Sentenced are sad? Besides their mock 'suicidal' lyrics, they are not musically bleak or lonely. The only sad thing about sentenced is what their career turned into starting with the 'frozen' album

Sentenced are sad? Besides their mock 'suicidal' lyrics, they are not musically bleak or lonely. The only sad thing about sentenced is what their career turned into starting with the 'frozen' album

Bah! I can find what I want out of any band. Katatonia...you think they just crawl under a rock and are depressed all the time? Doubtful...I don't care about bands outside lives when it comes to just concentrating on music. I get something through both bands lyrics and music...And Sentenced progressed well after Frozen...Sorry they couldn't play the same damn thing every record.

Bah! I can find what I want out of any band. Katatonia...you think they just crawl under a rock and are depressed all the time? Doubtful...I don't care about bands outside lives when it comes to just concentrating on music. I get something through both bands lyrics and music...And Sentenced progressed well after Frozen...Sorry they couldn't play the same damn thing every record.

I never said the Katatonia guys were depressed people, but I know that Sentenced were merely toungue-in-cheek, they always whored themselves as so - depression and sadness was their spiel even after their doomy-era. I really didn't want sentenced to play the same thing every record but i saw the band get progressively worse, until they were a shell of themselves, a cheeseball nu-goth HIM clone with bad songs. Sorry if you liked the last few albums, I thought they turned terrible trendy pop goth at the end.