Anyone else think Katatonia is ridicously good?

daimonion

Jan 6, 2004
I don't wanna sound like a crazy fan or something, but Katatonia is not only my favourite band, - their music is a little beyond good.
Watching the video for my twin where i got to hear the whole song, it just struck me (again) just how good their music/style is.

I'm making a lot of music these days. Basically in the same style/feeling as Katatonia without copying them, and its pretty good stuff. But i always sort of "get down to earth" when i listen to Katatonia and realize they're just so beyond me no matter how much i like my own stuff.

So this isn't a normal "Katatonia are so great!!" thread. The question is in the title of this thread.

my ridiculous story is that i only listen to music that starts with a K:
Katatonia and Kari Rueslaten.

yuronimus said:
my ridiculous story is that i only listen to music that starts with a K:
Katatonia and Kari Rueslaten.

you should add Khanate to your K collection...

thanx scarlet - never heard of them but will definitely try.
i actually tried Kovenant several times but they failed.

I can honestly say they're my favorite band of all time. Such amazing music, such amazing emotion, such amazing melodies, vocals, drums... it's all there. And you know you have something special on your hands when everything that makes them great can be summed up in one song (and one even under 3 minutes)! For me, it's Gone. Gone is one of my favorite Katatonia songs of all time... bleak, hopeless, desolate, it's the perfect soundscape.

Yeah. I'm not obsessed at all.

I know the band members read this thread, I think we should keep this to ourselves, we don't want it going to their heads and turning them into some sort of overated Korn sounding thing

I don't like Katatonia at all. I just buy their albums to look cool and funky, and the only reason I read this forum is to get inside information to brag to my friends with.

(To be honest: when I'm alone, I only listen to Carola)

:err:

Isilme said:
I don't like Katatonia at all. I just buy their albums to look cool and funky, and the only reason I read this forum is to get inside information to brag to my friends with.

(To be honest: when I'm alone, I only listen to Carola)

:err:
By using the word "funky" you made yourself look uncool :ill:

Black Tears said:
By using the word "funky" you made yourself look uncool :ill:

Well...

Maybe that was the point? I don't know.... Maybe I really am a big fan of Carola? :erk:

Or maybe I was just being ironic through the whole message. I think there's a chance for that ;)