Where have you heard Katatonia played?

I have started to see/hear Katatonia played in some of my favourite pubs, one is The Purple Turtle in Reading, I think they have "The Black Sessions" in the jukebox.. how fantastic is that.. I know how popular that pub is, and if Katatonia music is being played there then all I can truly say.. well done, to in my view Katatonia are a commercial success.

I'm a DJ at a Metal club, so I play Palace Of Frost every week :p

When I DJ at this Goth club down the road once in awhile I play Cold Ways and Distrust.

Here in Idaho they're getting...nowhere...Idaho is just finding out about some band called Iron Maiden. Give in 15 or 20 years and maybe an underground scene will begin to pop up and we'll start to here about some of the bigger metal bands like Cannibal Corpse or Death. Who knows, in 30 years we might be listening to Katatonia and Psycroptic. Funny thing though, I work at Hasting's and for some reason everytime I order some Bloodbath cd's for the store they sell like hot cakes. I've got strategic death/black/viking/sludge/metal fixtures all over the music department so we sell quite a bit more than any other place in Idaho so that helps a bit. Something about the Bloodbath's lately though. I really order at least 4 every two weeks (two of both albums) and they're sold in a week.

I usually hear "Murder" in rock bars.. and i once heard "Complicity" when we were waiting for Orphaned Land or Rotting Christ (i can't remember which) to come up to stage..

The jukebox in one of the cafes of my school has %80 metal, mostly black and death, (and the rest is alternative rock) yet it does not have any Katatonia :(
But I hear Katatonia play in my house everyday :p
Once I heard Opeth's To Bid You Farewell in an ordinary pub, I thought it was the beginning of the end of the world. I don't know how I would feel if I heard Katatonia in such a place...

Never heard Katatonia in any pub/disco/anything else. Didn't even meet anyone else who knows Katatonia.

Austria is just so damn fucked up :Smug: :yell:

i ve heard them once in istanbul in a small concert hall.:)

five years ago no one used to know about katatonia, but now anyone has an opinion about them.. i cannot decide whether it is nice or not..

I was at the gym once a few years ago and they were playing something off of Last Fair Deal Gone Down. I asked them where they got their music from, and they said it was on a digital radio station.

I'm the only person here in Slovenia who is a fan of Katatonia, like you said Drivort, f***ed up, but i've seen them on metalcamp 2004 :OMG: .

Cheers

Forever_Failure said:
I'm the only person here in Slovenia who is a fan of Katatonia, like you said Drivort, f***ed up, but i've seen them on metalcamp 2004 :OMG: .

Cheers

are you sure:D ? i've got a friend in ljubljana who actually is a kata fan ;)

Her own Pride said:
I have started to see/hear Katatonia played in some of my favourite pubs, one is The Purple Turtle in Reading, I think they have "The Black Sessions" in the jukebox.. how fantastic is that.. I know how popular that pub is, and if Katatonia music is being played there then all I can truly say.. well done, to in my view Katatonia are a commercial success.

:OMG: wierd, i was in Reading last week coming from london with some friends for a night out, stopped by the purple turtle, if id known i would have put a few pounds in the box and played all the katatonia songs on there. oh well.

I heard Katatonia first in the METAL floor at "The Alternative" in Tel-Aviv.
It was "Without god" if I remember correctly...didn't give it much attention though...I wasn't into metal those days...just hard rock and grunge.Little did I know that by then Katatonia has switched to the "softer" side of music which was just what I was looking for back then.