My "Volumes" style tone

foundations

Jul 6, 2010
this is a guitar cover of me playing wormholes by volumes... i want to see what you guys think of my guitar tone through pod farm.. i know this isnt the best way of hearing it but i want to know if you guys can give me any advice of how to get the best sound for my videos... i prefer using the sound of me playing from the camera than actualy using the DI tracks because i feel the DI's sound weak

also check out my band districts

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Districts/121987147843804

Last edited by a moderator:
You're playing on a 6 string, right? :loco:
Which string gauge did you use for this low tuning?

Can't really judge on the tone, because it always sounds different through a camera mic.
I want to "recreate" the Volumes sound too, because a band asked me for it...
would be cool if you could upload a mp3!

So your band name is Districts, you want want to sound like Volumes, who wants to sound like whatever trendcore scene is popular at the time(Volumes was a hardcore dancey type band that switched over to djent when it became popular). Why not just call your band Derivatives and call it a day?

^ i agree i heard this band on youtube and was disgusted, very generic indeed, i couldnt stand the vocals, but if this is what you like, okay, so be it. "i want to see what you guys think of my guitar tone through pod farm" I dont think you'll get that much, if any, respectable critique from source recorded by a camera. It looks like you put hard work into making this video so i'll give you this, it does sound sub-par, but give us something good to listen to, not a camera.