My wishes for Bloodstock '03

Hi all!!

It was REALLY GREAT!! My first time in Great Britain anyway and I simply LOVED it!!! I enjoyed the gigs of Gamma Ray, Freedom Call and Blind Guardian most!!

If you'd get SONATA ARCTICA, EDGUY and VIRGIN STEELE for 2003 you can be sure to se my friend and me again in Derby!!!

BTW: EDGUY simply have to come... you've seen how many people with Edguy-Shirts have been running around? ;-)

Yeti

Originally posted by random_phil
Sonata Arctica would definitely be cool, but how about Manowar, Hammerfall & Iced Earth. That would be awesomely tr00.

That is the fucking greatest idea ever!!! MUST SEE ICED EARTH AGAIN! (apart from my idea about Finntroll:D)

Of bands that haven't played the previous 2 fests, I'd like to see: Kamelot, Symphony X, Enchant, Pain of Salvation and Evergrey with perhaps Halford and Savatage in there for big names.

I'd also like to see the return of BLAZE, maybe as penultimate band on the main stage.

Hopefully R2tS will still be going strong, and it would be nice if Elvenking could return and do a set of their own songs with a new vocalist.

I originally posted these on the old board, but since that seems to have been lost when you switched over, here they are again, with a few minor changes (mostly because I can't remember what I wrote last time :)

The realistic options:

Borknagar
Primal Fear
Falconer
Angel Dust
Annihilator
Dragonforce
Grave Digger
Edguy
Nostradameus
Doro
Einherjer
Lost Horizons
The Faces Of Sarah
Sinergy

...and the slightly less realistic:

Dimmu Borgir
Manowar
Rammstein

Originally posted by random_phil
Sonata Arctica would definitely be cool, but how about Manowar, Hammerfall & Iced Earth. That would be awesomely tr00.

Raaaah, hi Phil mate! I finally got off my arse and travelled to this Bloodstock forum from the Area 54 one! Of the bands you mentioned, I'd REALLY love to see Manowar (of course) and I'd like to see Sonata Arctica and Iced Earth too, even though I haven't hear much from the latter two! I'll write a more comprehensive list of the bands I'd like to see at the 2003 festival when I've come up with it...

Hail, hail, hail and kill!

Originally posted by Ian 'E' Edwards
I'd like to see Sonata Arctica and Iced Earth too
Maybe it's just me, but I found both of them to be quite uninspiring live. Sonata Arctica were severely hampered by sound problems, so I'll cut them a bit of slack, but Iced Earth were just a bit dull. I was really looking forward to seeing both bands, but neither lived up to my expectations :-(