Myrath - Hope now in stock. WOW!!

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
Just received copies of this fantastic new band from Tunisia. Myrath are heavily influenced by Symphony X, Adagio, and Dream Theater. The disc was produced by Adagio's Kevin Codfert. This isn't run of the mill prog metal. They infuse Arabic motifs and melodies in the compositions adding a unique and refreshing quality.

Intromental are you reading this? These guys are THAT good...

http://www.lasercd.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=BR 8308

Damn right! I've been talking to the Manager for a while now (whos also related to the young guitarist). These guys are AMAZING! Already workin on disc # 2!

Wont be surprised if these sell out quickly. I'm sending a lot of folks to the page for ordering now!

By the way Ken, are you aware about the wrong tracklist? Not sure if Brennus would have told you. The CD is actually...

1)Intro
2)Confession
3)Hope
4)Last Breath
5)Seven Sins
6)Fade Away
7)All My Fears
8)My Inner War

Ordered!!!! these guys are awesome I have been talking to them also, great bunch of guys and Claus Listen to Ken.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=136490646

you could have told me that all my fears was symphony x and i would have believed you

good band but they sound like too much of a clone for me...

Granted "All My Fears" does have a Symphony X sound to it, but, then again you have the Middle Eastern influence in the song, Plus "Hope" sounds like no other song out there. Are they a clone? somewhat, but there is more than enough orginality in ever song to make them different, and awesome. Plus when you combine elements of other artists and put your original spin to it then Whoaaaaaaaa. I see Myrath hopefully becoming one of the most requested bands for festivals. Hopefully visa issues won't slow this down.

I don't hear much of a middle east influence. I must be missing it. I mean I hear a very little in some distant melody lines, but nothing like say Orphaned Land does, or other Middle East bands I know of.

I'll have to listen to them a bit more. Right now they just sound like a good-clean band, but nothing that inspires me.

Granted "All My Fears" does have a Symphony X sound to it, but, then again you have the Middle Eastern influence in the song, Plus "Hope" sounds like no other song out there. Are they a clone? somewhat, but there is more than enough orginality in ever song to make them different, and awesome. Plus when you combine elements of other artists and put your original spin to it then Whoaaaaaaaa. I see Myrath hopefully becoming one of the most requested bands for festivals. Hopefully visa issues won't slow this down.

im not picking up on it so much, as i respect your opinion and recognize their talent, its just not what im hearing, sorry!

im not picking up on it so much, as i respect your opinion and recognize their talent, its just not what im hearing, sorry!

No problem, as I also respect your opinion, all of us can't like the same thing, and you don't have to say your sorry, that is your opinion and i respect it. At least your listening to it and that is a plus.

Sorry, did you just refer to Orphaned Land as "that crap" while praising this band?

... Wow I'm not even going to say anything.

No need to. Not like anything you can say will alter my opinion anyways. Some dont like Myrath, and I dont like Orphaned Land. No big deal diff strokes for diff folks.

No need to not like anything you can say will alter my opinion anyways. Some dont like Myrath, and I dont like Orphaned Land. No big deal diff strokes for diff folks.

Dude that was just an asshole comment to make about Orphaned Land, especially since Cherion wasn't trying to start a flame war and made a simple observation. I could easily say that you have shit taste in music (and no I don't actually think that, but it's no different from the comment you made in terms of dickishness) for totally trashing a truly great band just because someone simply expected more from a band you might like.

As for Myrath, I like what I'm hearing but I think this band needs more time to blossom and find their own sound. Overall not bad though.

Dude that was just an asshole comment to make about Orphaned Land, especially since Cherion wasn't trying to start a flame war and made a simple observation. I could easily say that you have shit taste in music (and no I don't actually think that, but it's no different from the comment you made in terms of dickishness) for totally trashing a truly great band just because someone simply expected more from a band you might like.

Well...it seems as though DrumRman made as simple a statement as Cherion did only he was on the opposite end of the spectrum as far as Orphaned Land is concerned. Cherion likes OL & used them as a reference...DrumRman doesn't and was adament about why they aren't a good reference. You really like them and you took offense it seems. Just because everyone doesn't fall in line & enjoy the bands you and the forum majority do...does not make them a dick. Furthermore...he didn't "totally trash" them. Get over your butthurt & move on.

BTW...l couldn't make it through the OL appearance at PPUSA...just not what l consider talented, JMHO.

Myrath sounds promising...somewhat derivative at this point, but who knows how they may mold their sound. Circus Maximus is also derivative & they go over big on this forum, so...

As for Myrath, I like what I'm hearing but I think this band needs more time to blossom and find their own sound. Overall not bad though.

Oh boo fucking hoo. Asshole for what? Having my own opinion and thinking a band sucks? Give me a freakin break already. I had to sit through Orphan Land at Prog Power UK 1, and I'm sorry I found the vocals, melodies, and the over the top chanting, and yelling JUMP! to the crowd completely corny. Thats my opinion, and Im entitled to it.

Whew, different strokes for different strokes indeed! I like what I've heard from Myrath -- a good band and a young one, too -- and I thought Orphaned Land's two sets at PPUSA were, along with Therion's set, the highlight of the weekend.

WOOOOHOOOOOO My order has been shipped, so in 3 or 4 days I will have this disc in hand, and in my player.