Myrath - Hope now in stock. WOW!!

Wooooohooooooo got home, went to the mailbox and the new MYRATH was there, popped it in the cd player, and i have been experiencing the most awesome music from one of the newest bands out there. Yes, you can defiinetly hear the Symphony X influence, which is not a bad thing, but on every song they throw in their own signature sound and time change that you know it is not Symphony X. The singer you can tell that Sir Russell is his influence. But damn these guys are just barely out of diapers, and i can't wait to hear more from them.

1)Intro(classic North Africian sound)
2)Confession(My favorite on the whole cd)
3)Hope
4)Last Breath
5)Seven Sins
6)Fade Away
7)All My Fears(Symphony X meets Adiago in the Sahara)
8)My Inner War

My Rating: 9.9/10 The reason only 9.9 the cd needs to be longer as i can't get enough.

How have I missed this thread? I am at work and can not access myspace so I can't hear any tunes now but I can't wait to. The review on lasercd says they used to be a Symphony X cover band. Don't know if that's true but I am looking forward to checking them out.

Thanks Ken!:kickass:

I checked this one out after reading about it here, and also on thr PM board ... good stuff. I ordered it a few days back, and received it last night. They have a bright future. The singer on the disc is good, but it sounds like the new singer may be an upgrade. I think there is a Prog Power in their future.

Britt

This cd was like taking a musical beating! I cant say enough at this point. As far as i am concerned this is the disc to beat at this time. They set the bar very high. Whats not to like? Great production, awsome vocals, Absolute F*#!#** incredible progressive metal guitar work and sound structures. Dream Theater, Symphony X, Malmstien and Adagio all mixed in a blender for one hell of a mixed progmetal drink for the ears. Out of all the lame ducks that are pushed as ProgPower hopefulls this band truley hits the mark!