MYRATH , Must hear prog metal...

Outstanding album! I bought it last year and it's great! Now, for their next record, I really hope they leave the SX influence behind a little bit.

I got this CD at PPUSA IX courtesy of Ken Golden's (Laser's Edge) recommendation...I trust Ken enough that I bought it without haven't heard a single second of it.

I wasn't disappointed. Out of about 10-12 CDs I bought at PP, this one is probably my favorite. I was actually shocked at how good it was (and polished) given that it's a first CD.

I agree with the tinges of SymX influence (not too much, though...just enough to notice), but have been surprised no one has mentioned the slight middle-eastern sounds they incorporate. It's not nearly as much as a band like Orphaned Land, but enough to notice and make it interesting.

I actually liked the singer. Wouldn't put him in my top 10 by any means, but I thought he did a good job, and I actually wondered if they had more than one singer on the disc, because the style changed pretty significantly from song to song.

Overall, VERY strong recommendation from me...great stuff! Thanks again, Ken!!

Craig