N-Track woes

rabies

Proud IMG Guitarist!
Apr 16, 2001
Maryland USA
Visit site
oh..the pain...

I guess this mostly going out to EC..and i doubt he'll be able to help much...maybe this is mostly so I can share some pain.

I can't open my old N-Track mixes. The problem is that I have been keeping up to date ont he versions..updating it as I go (since I am a registered user).

That was all fine and dandy..until i went to open my eagles mix last night. I got a XP error..and the program dumped. I then went on to try to open other old mixes (mixes I used with earlier version)..some opened..some did not. I think the ones where I did not use lots of direct-x plug in effects on the tracks seemed to open ok.

...well..that leaves me kinda hosed until I can figure out what to do. I've toyed with the idea of 'downgrading' the app to see if I can open it..but as far as I am concerned, it should be backwards compatible. Nowhere in the N-track docs does it say its not backwards compatible.

...so the bottom line is that I guess I'll never be re-mixing Eagles. :mad:

I'm off to record somewhere in time. At the rate I have been recording..expect something in...by next year.. :D :lol:

Hmmm. that's the first I've heard that it's not backwards compatable. :confused: That would be truly stupid if it's not. :rolleyes:

I just took a look, but I don't have any old N-Track Installation programs.

Doesn't the N-track website have old versions available? Would that be a solution? :confused: