Computer woes

Jun 26, 2009
New Jersey
Sorry to inconvenience anyone looking for pics with teh lulz and such, but i have a question to anyone who knows allot about computers. I know a fair amount but this is puzzling me

I started up my computer this morning (i had a session recording a rapper XD) and everything was going nice and smooth. Session ended, i turned off my comp and when i went back to it tonight, the computer is stuck in windows classic theme. When i go to control panel and themes, it says its on energy blue (the modern looking view.) My comp also wont connect to the internet (im on my bro's comp right now), it just says acquiring network address and never connects. Also, when i try to open Itunes, it just says audio playback error. I am using a profire 610 btw. I ran AVG and superantispyware and found 1 virus in a temp folder, but thats it. Anyone know why my comp is being teh suck?

Specs:
Gateway dx420s with Windows XP service pack 2
3gb of ram
Nvidia Geforce gt9500 video card
Profire 610 interface

The only thing i have installed recently was when i was looking for a wireless connection, one came up but brought me to comcast infinity site when i tried using the internet and said i had to download software to use it which i did (i don't think its a scam seeing as how my apartment complex gets a deal with comcast with a router or something) but i deleted that software.

Thanks to anyone who has read this far and can help me

Well I would say completely update windows but you cant. If you dont keep an updated anti virus, firewall, and regularly do spyware scans and windows updates you're just screaming to get stuff you dont want on your computer. I like Avast better for an AV, not as intrusive as avg. I was using Zone alarm but I'm really considering a switch over to the one Comodo makes.

One thing you could do is if you have a flash drive you can download the Windows Malicious Software Removal program on microsoft's site, and then take it over to your computer and run a full scan. That may help you, no guarantees though.

Well I would say completely update windows but you cant. If you dont keep an updated anti virus, firewall, and regularly do spyware scans and windows updates you're just screaming to get stuff you dont want on your computer. I like Avast better for an AV, not as intrusive as avg. I was using Zone alarm but I'm really considering a switch over to the one Comodo makes.

One thing you could do is if you have a flash drive you can download the Windows Malicious Software Removal program on microsoft's site, and then take it over to your computer and run a full scan. That may help you, no guarantees though.

im gonna try this now, thanks masterbeast.

I will be back with an update

Try malwarebytes as well - http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Download it on another PC and chuck it on a flash drive, but run a scan with your PC in safe mode. This is an awesome bit of free software. I must have fixed 20+ PCs with it over the last year or so. Cleans all malware/spyware no worries.

Volcane, i think i might love you <3

Comp is completely fixed after running malware bytes, and now i can for some reason access this wireless internet point that has a retardedly fast connection, and too top it all off, i found an ipod touch in the wal mart parking lot in my town. I have never had so many emotions and win within an hour.