Computer Speakers

jeid

Terribad
Mar 9, 2009
Scotland
Hey all, I'm looking for some recommendations for some new speakers for my computer. I've got my monitors setup, but I like to have background music on my computer when I'm browing the internet. They'll mainly be for watching media online etc. I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of money, but something decent sounding under £70/$100.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-SK705DI-Echo/dp/B00X4WHP5E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438555283&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+speaker[/ame]

:devil:

I'm incredibly forgetful with volume and I'd likely put on a Youtube video and blow the house away.

I'm incredibly forgetful with volume and I'd likely put on a Youtube video and blow the house away.

Well my problem is that mixing at -18 db means you end up cranking your master volume to compensate, so when you go on the internet or in itunes it's super loud. I've gotten used to remembering to change it but I'm sure there's some way to set a DAW-specific volume separate from the rest of your system.

To answer your question, Logitech generally makes inexpensive and high-quality products, so I'd use them as a starting point. Just go on Amazon and set your price range.

Klipsch 2.1 is still my favorite consumer set of computer speakers.

Hey Jeff I was actually gonna start a thread asking what computer speakers I should get. I mix on cans and I have a crap speaker for reference but my (probably 5-6 year old speakers) are starting to act up. I like them just as a quick reference or when I have ear fatigue, but there are times It'l point something out that I then zone in on cans that i might not catch cause of ear fatigue from long sessions of mixing. (or sometimes they just point it out cause my phones don't) the klipsch are really top notch?

Hey Jeff I was actually gonna start a thread asking what computer speakers I should get. I mix on cans and I have a crap speaker for reference but my (probably 5-6 year old speakers) are starting to act up. I like them just as a quick reference or when I have ear fatigue, but there are times It'l point something out that I then zone in on cans that i might not catch cause of ear fatigue from long sessions of mixing. (or sometimes they just point it out cause my phones don't) the klipsch are really top notch?

Yeah man, I really like them. I honestly sometimes hook up the 2.1 + my A7s, disconnect the satellites, and use the monitors with the Klipsch sub. I do about half of my casual listening on the Klipsch set; I'm a big fan of having that balance between (very good) consumer speakers and the monitors and bounce between them frequently while mixing.

I use my monitors, haven't used "regular" speakers in years. Why not use your monitors if they're set up?

Same here. I never liked having to go into the control panel and switch sound cards (like I have to on my wife's laptop :lol:).

FWIW I run mine out of outs 3/4 on my FireFace; used a 2x 1/4" mono->1/8" stereo adapter, and the UCX remote lets me swap quickly between the two. Or if I'm super lazy (frequently, and I do this with a little iHome I test mixes on), I just plug it into the headphone jack and physically roll volume knobs up/down.