N00b question: Fireface 800/ Cubase SX3/ Midi

chaosmonger

Sep 16, 2006
Santiago, Chile
www.poemaarcanus.cl
Cheers Guys:

Well, I'm starting to use my recently acquired RME FF800 on my PC (AMD Athlon 64 X2) with Cubase SX3 (and sometimes cakewalk). I uninstalled the built-in soundcard of my Asus motherboard from the BIOS before installing the FF, so I haven't had any problems Audio-wise so far. Actually it works like a charm on the audio department.

Problem is, that now I'm trying to make some Midi drums to record some guitar ideas along them, but my midi tracks are not sounding at all, neither on Cakewalk nor on Cubase.

I have already assigned the fireface midi output on Cubase, and I'm recording midi with a Radium Controller that is working fine (the notes are written, and when I playback the midi track, the track's meter bounces as if it was sounding), but the fireface's outputs only play the audio part and Cubase's click, but not the midi track.

I unabled the internal midi device of the PC on the control panel (device administrator), assigned the Fireface's MIDI outputs everywhere, but still I can't hear a single midi note.

What am I doing wrong? do I have to set something on fireface's totalmix to route the midi contents through the audio outputs? ... I don't think so ..... I guess it is something on Cubase and cakewalk ... (or maybe on window's control panel) that I'm not doing ... Could anyone please enlighten me?

thanks in advance!!!

Desperate and frustrated - Igor :zombie: