NAD: 6505+

guitarjunkie986

New Metal Member
Mar 23, 2012
Last week I found a great deal on a new 6505+ head and it arrived today while I was at work. Excited to finally have a real amp again. For the last year and a half or so I've been playing through a PodXT as a pre-amp through a crappy PA power amp into my Diezel 4x12.

Finally got home and got a chance to setup and plugin. It sounds great. I can't wait to get it into a band setting this weekend. I actually think the cleans are quite good on this amp. They far exceeded my expectations considering the bad reputation they get in many reviews. I'm still in the honeymoon phase, and it has been about two years since I had to sell my last real amp (ENGL Powerball), but I think I like my 6505+ better than the Powerball.

One question to those that have the 6505+ or 5150II, when playing on the lead channel, and engaging the crunch, do you notice a bit of a low mid frequency boost and a touch more gain? I was under the impression that the Crunch only made a difference on the Rhythm channel, but there is a definite gain/low mid frequency boost if the crunch is engaged when on the lead channel.

Here are some pics:

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

One question to those that have the 6505+ or 5150II, when playing on the lead channel, and engaging the crunch, do you notice a bit of a low mid frequency boost and a touch more gain? I was under the impression that the Crunch only made a difference on the Rhythm channel, but there is a definite gain/low mid frequency boost if the crunch is engaged when on the lead channel.

Interesting. I have a 5150, but I will verify this as well, next chance I get. I know the JSX had quirks like this, and that the 5150 series of amps is modified from the JSX base design, so it is entirely possible.

I had noticed something similar when I first got my 6505+ but just assumed it was my imagination. I'll recheck mine later today and see. And congratulations on the new amp, it's a beast.

EDIT: Just checked and if there is any difference its almost inaudible on mine.