name your faveorite guitarist

**Scott "Wino" Weinrich (ex-The Obsessed, ex-Spirit Caravan)**
He is my god.

and...
Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath)
Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin)
Josh Homme (for Kyuss, but NOT for Queens of the Stone Age)

and the classic duos...
Hank Sherman/Michael Denner (Mercyful Fate)
Dave Murray/Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden)
Rick Wartell/Bruce Franklin (Trouble)

Sorry... I had to pick a bunch...

Devin Townsend
Ihshan (Emperor)
Criss Oliva (Savatage) (RIP)
Jeff Loomis (Nevermore)

Jeff Waters is an amazing guitar player, but his writing ability is pretty poor. He's used the main riff from Alison Hell about a hundred times in different songs. And, his POD (not the band, the direct recording unit for guitar) tone on Waking The Fury is terrible.

I find Emperor is more about the total soundscape, takes my concentration away from the guitar. Like it matters though, they fucking rule.

Good call on Loomis too.

Emperor is like a well oiled machine, everything flows together very nicely, the atmosphere of the music is amazing.

Jeff Loomis is great in Nevermore, but they don't really show his full abilities. You can get demo's off the net somewhere that he recorded a while ago, and he's really insane on them. He plays some really good tasteful leads, but there's a solo song that would make Yngwie's ass bleed.

Originally posted by Beercore
I find Emperor is more about the total soundscape, takes my concentration away from the guitar. Like it matters though, they fucking rule.

I felt the same way about them at first, which I think ias why I only listened to them casually. Now I tend to just focus on the guitars, and there is some wild riffing! Isahn/Samoth are quite the riffing geniuses as far as I'm concerned. It'd be interesting to see re-releases of their IX Eq and Anthems with a loud, in your face, guitar-oriented mix.

But as for fave guitarist, I don't really know. I love mikael Akerfeldt's Riffing, but overall, I think I respect Vai more, simply because of his control and mastery over the guitar.

my favorite guiaterist is
Trevor Leonard of fireign
my friend Rice
My other Friend Mike Wyatt Formally of Chapter 12
The reason I choose local talent is cause' i hav met these people and they are really good and have inspired me in one way or a other:D