Name your favourite mix

Apr 5, 2015
NY
Hi all,
I've been lurking for a while and decided to join the fray.

In the spirit of listening to great mixes to improve mixing skills, if you had to pick ONE album to your favourite mix, what would it be?

I'll start, for me its currently Sacrament by Lamb of God(Machine). Brutal, clear and precise. Just the way I like it.:headbang:

It changes from week to week but currently I'm coming back to The Great Cold Distance from Katatonia.

Load/reload Metallica. Nothing will ever sound as good as those 2 albums.

+1. When I hear the word "vibe" I just hear The Outlaw Torn.

My favorite would probably be Arrows and Anchors by Fair to Midland (mixed by Joe Barresi). Not too heavy, but it's a really damn good mix and it also fit the sound of the band really well.

Haven't heard this either. I dig it so far.

I'm a fan of the new Mors Principium Est album. It was mixed by Thomas Johansson. I find myself coming back to it over and over again for references.

Hmm, such a hard question. I'd probably say phobia by breaking Benjamin for most radio rock mixes (Ben grosse mixes, not the cla or bendeth ones). A lot of clarity with the bass still being very upfront in the mix, drums sound really spectacular, vocals are superhuman tight, overall just really good.

I'm very tempted to say end of heartache instead, but I think phobia is outstanding overall.

As far as polished metal productions go, in my book it's pretty hard to top the latest Architects record.

As far as polished metal productions go, in my book it's pretty hard to top the latest Architects record.
How could I forget...

those guitars have so much clarity, the bass has so much power, and the vocals sound outstanding.

I'm a fan of the new Mors Principium Est album. It was mixed by Thomas Johansson. I find myself coming back to it over and over again for references.

+1 for this, or at least their latest album. I wouldn't say I liked the production on albums before "And death said live..."

Also, as much as I don't really like Marshall tones, I would say that I really like the production of "Dormant Heart" from Sylosis. Again, I don't know why, I am not a Marshall guy at all (and that's what they use if I'm not mistaken)... but there is something in this album that I find catchy tone-wise.

Asking Alexandria - Reckless And Relentless
The Unguided - Hell Frost
Bring Me The Horizon - Sempiternal