NAMM 2010

HippieOfDoom

The 13th Monkey
Feb 12, 2002
Golden State
www.stevedigiorgio.com
18JAN2010
I had a really great experience this year. Mostly at the Warwick booth. Having to talk and play in front of Jonas Hellborg wasn't my most comfortable place in life. But proved fruitful, looks like I will be working with Warwick in the near future. I was there to discuss my plans of future musical endeavors and try out the amps and basses. There is still going to be discussions and equipment trials before anything really is worth talking about. But the time I spent in the Warwick zone there was killer. Jonas talked serious about the amp designs and the bass models, and then best of all, jammed some licks not six inches in front of my face! I even got him to play Dog BBQ and later in the office area to show me how the main bassline goes, although it's a bit foreign to me still. Strange way of playing this guy, but in case anybody didn't know... The King. Forget about anyone you want to throw into the ring and challenge me, you lose...Jonas is the King.

Later Ryan and Matt from Mudvayne came up and blew me away with their enthusiasm with what I have worked on past albums. Those guys were awesome to talk to and a couple of pleasant and energetic guys. Me and Ryan (and Matt) are really fans of each other's work.
Steve_Digiorgio,_Ryan_Martinie,_Jonas_Hellborg.jpg

Then Mike Inez came over for some photos with us too. Ryan mentioned it was cool to have that 4 bass power photo "even though Steve isn't a Warwick guy"... well man, what does it look like now?
SDG
Steve_Digiorgio,_Ryan_Martinie,_Jonas_Hellborg,_Mike_Inez.jpg

warwick_logo.jpg

NAMM Show Day 3

WOW! Just when you think it can’t get any better, Warwick kicked it up a few notches on day three at NAMM 2010. In addition to the regularly slotted performances and signings we’ve been discussing the past few days, the booth today was a veritable who’s who of bass industry. Jimmy Earl, Hugh MacDonald (Bon Jovi), Andrew Gouche, Darryl Jones, Steve DiGiorgio (Testament/Death) and Steve Bailey were just a few of the many household names hanging at the booth. Longtime Warwick endorser Norwood Fisher was on hand chatting it up with just about everyone as was Mike Inez, whose autograph signing session had a stellar turn out of its own.

The day itself seemed to naturally divide itself into two sections. In the earlier part of the day the “masters of funk” held court with Norwood, Bootsy, P-Nut and TM commanding the audience’s attention. Later on in the afternoon the “titans of metal” took over with DiGiorgio, Inez and Ryan Martinie gathering alongside Jonas Hellborg for an impromptu demo of the Hellborg System. Look for Warwick and Framus to continue making noise in 2010!

www.warwick.de

Steve Bailey is ridiculously talented on fretless, I've seen his work with Carl Verheyen and Victor Wooten, god damn that man can play and his intonation so solid it's kind of scary.

SDG, Steve Harris, Steve Bailey, man there's definitely a Steve or two worth noting in the bass playing world.

CHeers

Hellborg is one hell of a player i watched him play a couple of years ago when he had come to India and man was i blown away.
Steve Bailey fuck i cant belive how such an amazing player can be so under rated