Warwick

HippieOfDoom

The 13th Monkey
Feb 12, 2002
Golden State
www.stevedigiorgio.com
Ok, who uses Warwick bass amps?
I'm not looking for a running list of the bass players that you see with them. I am looking for some comments and opinions of what bassists think of the Warwick bass amps.
And if anyone can compare, through experience, with Ampeg SVT.
Thanks for any input.
SDG

Hey Steve,

Warwick bass amps are not bad quality at all. The cabs are pretty decent too. I know u have a Ampeg SVT setup going years. The Hellborg series of bass amps/cabs made by Warwick are really top quality and worth checking out. They have a more modern type sound from them compared to the all tube setup from the Ampegs. Not to say there is anything wrong with all tube heads. Either way u can go wrong with any Warwick gear. You should check out their basses too Steve. I got one of their Corvette $$ Ash body 5 strings on order right now from the factory.

On a completely different topic u should also check out those new Hartke LH Series bass heads/cabs. I got one and it sounds great. Larry Hartke is a great guy to deal with.

Hope this helps!

Southpaw, Kings

I dont like Warwick.The sound of it makes me feel like Im using P.O.D. instead of amp. I prefer cabinets made of special plywood, with Eminence Legend BP 102 speakers and ampeg tube amplification (svt cl , svt 3 as well).Especially for modern bass guitars .Greetz'n'cheerz

I haven't ever tried a Warwick, my SVT CL has all the sound I need :D

I'm curious though, you must gig mostly through a DI to the board right? So does the amp make much difference? Or is this for a practice amp?