namm: Peavey 6505

Nostalgiaplatz

So why not moving?
Dec 20, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I just saw on another board, Peavey made a replacement for 5150/5150 II amps, and here's what I got:

6505-sm.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone have tested/heard it during NAMM show and if they could step in and give their judgement to it in comparison with 5150 and the 5150 II

Thanks

Sounds almost 'zactly like the 5150 as far as I heard.

Peavey was kicking ass this NAMM. Not only was it one of my favorite booths to hang at, but their new amps are just ripping! The JSX, the 6505 and the new Penta amp sounded fuckin' awesome, and I will more than likely picking up a JSX in the near future (time to sell the Mark IIc+... any offers? ;) )

I would place an offer, if the current was 220v, which from seeing you're in california, makes me pretty doubtful about it. Anyway, good luck and thanks for the info, I too got interested in their JSX and Triple X, will have to try em out before I go out to buy one. Anyone willing to buy a Soldano SP-77 preamp? :)

Brooks said:
Sounds almost 'zactly like the 5150 as far as I heard.
It's the exact same amp. Their contract with EVH ran out, so they can't use his name anymore. However, they own the rights to the amp. So, they just slapped a new name on the 5150. I think it's the 6505 that's the 5150, and the 6505+ that's the 5150 II. Nothing's changed other than the logo's...:)

I'd be interested in the IIC+...hit me up at: jackbeard@hotmail.com