Guitar recording Choices

Arcay

Dec 19, 2006
Santiago de Compostela
Hello!! This is my first post here, I like very much this forum. First sorry for my bad english.
II will recording two tracks in Janury In Studio and i have a question for all users, specially to The Banshe and Andy ;)

To recording the guitars i have this amp gear:

- One Peavey 5150
- One Peavey 5150 II whit Nos valves
- One 4x12 Bogner v30 cab
- One 4x12 Marshall v30 cab
And one Axess Bf Buffer Spliter, to put two amps whit one cable.
Of course I have the Tubescreamer 808.

In the band be two uitar players for recording the tracks of one guitar player... : what its the best for you, and the recomended.:

- Recording first One track whit 5150 II and one cab and after recording other track with 5150 whit one cab. One microphone in each. Sm 57

- Recording first One track whit 5150 II and one cab and after recording other track whit 5150 with one cab. Two microphone in each. Sm 57 and senheiser 421

- Recording first two track at same time with 5150 II and 5150 with one cab in each . One microphone in each. Sm 57

-Recording first two track at same time whit 5150 II and 5150 with one cab in each . One microphone in each. Sm 57 and senheiser 421

For my metal taste i like the wall of sound of bands such as: Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine, Machine Head, Arch Enemy... this stuff
Very thanks for all people and best regards.
:headbang:

You never really can tell until you try. If I had to make a "blind" guess I would say the 5150 into the marshall. But then again a lot of people would say the bogner. Stick both mics up there. It can't hurt because you are not commited to anything. If you are super worried then you might want to lok into setting up a di for reamping later. Otherwise just go after it until you like it.

just toy around with the idea of putting on 1 x sm57 on the one cab and 1 x 421 on the other cab.

then try 1 x 57 and 421 on 1 cab (but check phasing) and the same on the second cab. but eq up your amps differently and pan accordingly.

eq where necessary, but generally, try and get your dry sound to sound the way you want it, with as little EQ as possible.

5150 to bogner cab, quad track ryhthm

57 just off centre and straight, and a ribbon next to it if you can get hold of one

The real question is, what is more effective:

Doble tracking guitars (one amp each) or record whtih to amps at once (one track)? And other question is Doble tracking guitars with two amps each track it is good? :headbang:

using two amps whilst double tracking can give you some serious phase issues if your not careful in setting up. be careful

I would record each guitar player (far left and right) with the 5150 via TS808 into the Bogner with one 57, then double each (lass far left and right) with the 5150II via the same TS808 into the same Bogner with the same mic in the same position (meaning don't touch anything, just switch the amp). But if your Marshall cab sounds better then use the Marshall instead, just try to mic each of the 4 speakers on each cab and choose the best one.