NAMM Roll Call!

SciKikMobster

puro pinche metal!
Anybody going?

I'll be there all day Friday and Saturday... evenings at the Hilton & Marriot.

If any of you are going, and you have the 411 on celebrity sightings - please post them here. Here's what I know so far...

Jason Newsted @ NAMM Show Saturday January 17th:
Dean Markley 1:00PM to 2:00PM
AMPEG 3:00PM to 4:00PM
Sadowsky 5:00PM to 6:00PM

Dave Mustaine @ NAMM Show Saturday January 17th:
ESP (time?)

Jonathan Davis (KORN) @ NAMM Show Saturday January 17th:
Producers SoundTable 1:00PM to 3:00PM
Take place inside the Anaheim Marriott, Salons E & F

*Featured guests include Dave Adelson (moderator), Michael Beinhorn, Ron Fair, Patrick Leonard and Don Was

That's it for now,

I be there!

-SLIPKNOT bassist Paul Gray-at Peavey exhibit on Sunday, January 18 at 2:00 p.m.

-Former HALFORD/current PAINMUSEUM guitarist "Metal" Mike Chlasciak-is confirmed to appear at NAMM 2004. Metal Mike will perform at the Digitech/Harman Music Group booth. Appearance dates/times are: Friday, Jan. 16 and Saturday, Jan. 17 at 2:00 p.m. and Sunday, Jan. 18 at 11:00 a.m.

-Mark Tremonti- at PRS Jan. 16 and Saturday, Jan. 17 at 4:30 p.m.

-Morgan- from Sevendust ????

-Dave Navarro- Sat or Sun???

-Paul Stanley- Sat or Sunday?

-Dick Dale- Sat ??

-Steve Vai-
Friday, Jan. 16
11:00 a.m. Vai at the NARAS booth with Billy Sheehan
1:00 p.m. Vai at the Ibanez Booth
Saturday, Jan. 17
Noon Vai at Carvin Booth

I will find out more on friday, got my badge today!

Thanks for the heads up on Dave Mustaine!

I just got back from seeing eric johnson and he's doing an acoustic set at Martin if anyone can get to that. I don't recall eric at any NAMM's (here in CA at least). :worship:

ROTLD said:
I just got back from seeing eric johnson and he's doing an acoustic set at Martin if anyone can get to that. I don't recall eric at any NAMM's (here in CA at least). :worship:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!! I envy you!!!! I will check Martin and see what might be happening! Wowie!

also

this girl

Chelsea Constable

freaking shreds!!!!

13 year old prodigy

(saw her do about a 40 minute set, tearing up.....satriani, vai, and eddie van halen)

keep an eye out for her http://www.chelseaconstable.com/

bMvc-006f.jpg

Hey all.

Long time since I have posted anything. It has been an insane year. This is Stew from SIT strings. Was hoping I might see the 'maidens' while at NAMM but I don't think I had a slow moment the whole time there. Only time I left the SIT booth was to eat and use the bathroom.

Stew
SIT strings

I was lucky enough to get a NAMM pass last minute for Sunday from my good friend and guitarist George Fryer. Got to meet Terry Bozzio, Jimmy Chamberlain, Scott Travis (goddamn that muthafucka is TALL!), Jeff Martin, Paul Gilbert (so is HE!), Simon Phillips, Charlie Benante, and countless others. Hung out with Mel, Fro, and Dave from Hangar 18 and ran into Pat from Creeping Death, Armando and Juan from Metal 101/PsychicMafia, and many, many others who I only see at NAMM! Had a great time!

Those of you without passes MUST go to the Hilton Fri/Sat nights. There's no cover and no pass required, just a big party in the lobby with lots of slutty star f-ers. Got to meet the great K.K. Downing and Glenn Tipton, as well as Jeff Scott Soto, Metal Mike from Halford and Roy Z. Had a MAJOR hangover on Sunday!

Looked for you Maidens but didn't see any of ya! =(

drumslut said:
Got to meet Terry Bozzio, Jimmy Chamberlain, Scott Travis (goddamn that muthafucka is TALL!), Jeff Martin, Paul Gilbert (so is HE!), Simon Phillips, Charlie Benante, and countless others.

All good players. I've met the Racer X guys too. Jeff Martin is hilarious. I'm 6'2" and Paul Gilbert and especially Scott Travis towered over me. John Alderete is also totally cool.
Terry Bozzio = Completely awesome! :worship:

I didn't get Passes this year for NAMM, I guess my banged up arm took me off the local rosters for sound. Somehow I recieved a pass for the Pro Production TS in Long Beach next month. I didn't request one but wtf, I can't wait to hear the new Meyers rig and play with all the sound boards from Midas and Yamaha. Too bad there won't be any Bass or Guitar co's there. Guess it doesn't matter until my wrist heals anyway..

Did anyone hear the new Frank Gambale preamp by Carvin? I was hoping to check it out but was too busy in our own booth to get to see anything. Also, did anyone play Neil Peart's kit they had at the DW booth. I figured Linda would be there trying to sneak in some playing on it. :headbang:

ah87ts said:
Also, did anyone play Neil Peart's kit they had at the DW booth. I figured Linda would be there trying to sneak in some playing on it. :headbang:

I saw Neil Peart's DW/Sabian setup at the Sabian booth. Amazing! I couldn't figure out where he would be able to climb through to access his drum throne!

I watched him at both Staples and Irvine. He gets in through a space on the back left (if facing the kit) between that Roland pedals and the electronics in the back. It's a tight fit. He has to turn sideways to squeeze in.

BTW, Nik, that's a whole new kit. The red one you saw is the T4E/VT kit which I guess has been retired and put on display at the DW factory. The fact that it survived two tours of him pounding on it is a testament to DW's craftsmanship. :)

Did Sabian give a price on those new numbers he developed? There's no info on their web site as yet.