NAMM Show January 2009

So who is going to the NAMM show?

This will be my first time going without having to sneak in. :loco:

One of my artists (Jeungri Hori of We Are They) is sponsored by Taye Drums and they are giving her a pass and me one! :kickass:

Lets create a Iron Maidens NAMM group so we can meet up and hang out!! :kickass::kickass:

I will be there all 3 days...

have not seen any signing schedules or much on press releases yet, so I can plan out my days in advance.

anyword on parties/shows this year?

I know many of the usual suspects will be there...

and RacerX is playing...

and Vinnie Paul is showing his new set...

what else is going on?

Most of BLS is Usually there, how about Zakk this year?

any word on apperances?

Racer X is playing??? :) :) :) Gots any more details on this? :headbang:

this is what I saw on blabbermouth as the source

RACER X will perform at the 2009 NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) show, which will be held January 15-18 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California.

Commented RACER X guitarist Paul Gilbert: "Ibanez guitars is celebrating the 20th anniversary of my PGM guitar with a concert at the NAMM show."

The concert will take place on Saturday, January 17, 2009 at the Sheraton Park Ballroom and will not be open to the public.

Paul said, "It is very exciting for me to be the featured artist for Ibanez this year, so I am glad that I can do something special for this concert. I can't think of anything better than a killer set of RACER X!" He added, "I can't wait to play some killer heavy metal with my favorite metal band!"

Andy Timmons and his band will open the show, followed by a solo set from Paul Gilbert, and finally RACER X. The RACER X lineup will consist of Paul Gilbert, Scott Travis (JUDAS PRIEST), Jeff Martin (BADLANDS, MSG) and John Alderete (THE MARS VOLTA).

The last RACER X performance in the U.S. was held on May 25, 2001. It was filmed for the live DVD "Live At The Whisky - Snowball Of Doom".

Michael Schenker to do signing session and I hear Keel is to make a reunion show...graham bonnet to sign, not sure about performing. still waiting on if I got a pass this year. I surely enjoyed taking pictures of Nicko's kit last year.

Vinnie Paul should be on hand to introduce his new endorsement as well

and the drum off should be bad ass this year as well

also- Jack Ripper will be performing ( He is a stallion )

this is what I saw on blabbermouth as the source

RACER X will perform at the 2009 NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) show, which will be held January 15-18 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California.

Commented RACER X guitarist Paul Gilbert: "Ibanez guitars is celebrating the 20th anniversary of my PGM guitar with a concert at the NAMM show."

The concert will take place on Saturday, January 17, 2009 at the Sheraton Park Ballroom and will not be open to the public.

Paul said, "It is very exciting for me to be the featured artist for Ibanez this year, so I am glad that I can do something special for this concert. I can't think of anything better than a killer set of RACER X!" He added, "I can't wait to play some killer heavy metal with my favorite metal band!"

Andy Timmons and his band will open the show, followed by a solo set from Paul Gilbert, and finally RACER X. The RACER X lineup will consist of Paul Gilbert, Scott Travis (JUDAS PRIEST), Jeff Martin (BADLANDS, MSG) and John Alderete (THE MARS VOLTA).

The last RACER X performance in the U.S. was held on May 25, 2001. It was filmed for the live DVD "Live At The Whisky - Snowball Of Doom".

now that is the show of all shows! andy timmons shreds too, i have some of his solo stuff :)

anything specific u gonna geek out on jim? i'm gonna get some sonar tips - guitar rig 2 and the new session drummer - oh yeah, and a hearing test lol! huh?

A Must......

Guitarist Michelle Meldrum (MELDRUM, PHANTOM BLUE) will be honored at the 2009 NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show in the main lobby of the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California Thursday, January 15 at 5:00 p.m.

This is going to be a slide show that will be shown in memory of all our fellow musicians who passed during the last year. I dunno, it may be pretty moist in there, so bring some tissues. I am glad Michelle is included and that the word is spreading about this presentation.

anything specific u gonna geek out on jim? i'm gonna get some sonar tips - guitar rig 2 and the new session drummer - oh yeah, and a hearing test lol! huh?

Lightweight bass amps have become huge and several makers may be having new high power in stoopid light offerings.

Ernie Ball has a few new basses coming out in interesting configs.

As always I'm all over the G&L stuff but really just bass stuff in general everywhere. Also hanging with my bass brethren wherever.

Of course hanging with y'all is always a blast. :kickass:

You gonna swing up to Fender and check out the Dave Murray signature Strat?

Jim