Nashville

Vincenzo

Jan 7, 2007
So Jon and I were talking tonight and we were thinking how boss it would be if a few of us went down to Nashville to visit him!

I was thinking it would be pretty cool to go in October. I can't do it alone though - so is anyone interested in going? I would be more than happy to donate my car to the cause but it is stick so I guess switching up drivers would be out of the question for most of you.

But anyway, if anyone is interested in going to Nashville to visit our Jon a Tin some time in October let me know. I'm sure we could figure out a situation with cars and drivers. I'm only talking about a long weekend, nothing too crazy. My ass is broke so I'm not trying to drop a grand or nothing.

So Nick had this idea: If we were to meet Jon half way, maybe somewhere in North Carolina, we would be able to get the most out of the weekend. Considering it takes half a day to drive to Nashville and we would only have like Friday night, Saturday and Sunday to work with. We could just get a hotel for the weekend and drink and be merry! Maybe we can even stay at the critically acclaimed Carolina Duke Inn!

So I'm cool with that, Jon said he is cool with that. Nick is really interested in coming, he is looking in to which weekend is best for him. I know right now that the weekend of the 17th and 18th is no good for me. But I believe all the other weekends should be ok.

So is anyone else interested in going now that the drive is much shorter?

Cool when I see Nick I will check that with him. I think that weekend should be fine for me. If we left on a Friday around 7 pm we would probably be at our destination around 12. That's plenty of time for some drinking!

Bump.

I talked to Jon recently and he really wants us to come down. Perhaps we could plan a long weekend in February or March?

If we can't squeeze it in with the drive being around 11 hours, perhaps we could meet half way. Durham, NC is roughly 5 hours from us and 5 hours from Jon. I know a great motel we could stay in.

I am down for this. Just would have to re work my schedule to accommodate the days I am taking off. And I can drive stick so that could save you some anguish Vinnie. Let me know the dates and I'll do my thang at work.

I'm sure that hotel is really looking forward to it, hah.

That's a good point! The hotel we stayed at before probably would not rent to me again after what we did to the room haha.

Bear, I have no set dates in mind at this time. January is a definate no. February I may be taking a trip elsewhere. So I was thinking March or so. I don't want to go unless at least a few of us can all go together. I would not be opposed to flying to Nashville either. I don't mind driving but depending on how much time people can get off of work we might get more for our money if we flew. Airfare is cheap as hell right now.

I hope this recession last a looooong time cause guys in the middle like me are making out for a change haha. Booohooo your 401K sucks - what happened to the rest of your 6 figures? Oh right, you bought a McMansion you can't pay for because you lease on your hummer was more than your mortgage. So kill yourself and make some room, you're not getting any sympathy from me.

Sorry - off topic. Moral of my post: I have lots of vacation time so when people are ready to make this happen, I should be good as long as a have a few weeks notice.

hahahahaha. Well, first of all, I think what we did was fair. I told them our DOOR DID NOT LOCK and they did NOTHING to remedy the problem but give me the run around. You're staying in a hotel, you have all your shit in there, I think asking for a locking door is not asking a lot. Not only that, but when we were checking out I said something to the woman at the front desk and she told me in a matter of fact tone that the door had been fixed. Thankfully the maintenance guy was standing right there and he said "No it wasn't, I told you to give them another room."

I would still like to stay there again, for nostalgia. But I'm sure we could find a much...... cleaner place to stay if we indeed did do the half way plan. I am more interested in going all the way to Tennessee I just want to do what is best to accommodate everyone. Jon is getting restless! We'll have to get a cooler so we can bring him WaWa and other Philly delicacies.

Well whenever we go I'm down. Plane, car, or jetpack, I don't give a fuck. As far as a hotel, if we could stay at the Majesty, we can stay anywhere.

hahahahaha. Well, first of all, I think what we did was fair. I told them our DOOR DID NOT LOCK and they did NOTHING to remedy the problem but give me the run around. You're staying in a hotel, you have all your shit in there, I think asking for a locking door is not asking a lot. Not only that, but when we were checking out I said something to the woman at the front desk and she told me in a matter of fact tone that the door had been fixed. Thankfully the maintenance guy was standing right there and he said "No it wasn't, I told you to give them another room."

I would still like to stay there again, for nostalgia. But I'm sure we could find a much...... cleaner place to stay if we indeed did do the half way plan. I am more interested in going all the way to Tennessee I just want to do what is best to accommodate everyone. Jon is getting restless! We'll have to get a cooler so we can bring him WaWa and other Philly delicacies.

Fuck that man, if we go to NC, we're staying in that hotel. This time we'll just get more trash and if the doors don't lock, we'll just leave our bags in the car until we need to shower.

No dude, we shower AFTER we check out. If we explain to them that we're in a band they won't mind. Bwahahaha

I'm sure if we just TELL them that 11 of us want to sleep in one room they won't mind since we're all in bands, on tour. I mean we take OUR TIME out of OUR DAY to hand out autographs at the Waffle House. Don't we deserve a free room? I'm sure I can still come back and shower even after we have checked out and handed in our keys. I mean I'm in a BAND.

What's going on is with or without you assholes I am going down there. You can either come with me and share the drive or I can do it on my own. I'm probably gonna go in late May or early June.