Nathans trip to the store....

I can't really see the connection to Sevendust, because I actually enjoyed that album that had the song "praise" on it.

I'd put the new in flames in the MTV2 Headbangers ball spin bin along with Hatebreed and Devil Driver.

In Flames has lost what seperated them from the rest of the metal world, their creativeness. I find the new album very boring for the most part. The sound is almost too generic.

My Sweet Shadow and The Quiet place are my favorite two songs from the album though.

I agree, R2R was definately pushing it. It had a few good songs, but I didn't like the direction they were headed. My favorite In Flames albums were Jester Race (first In Flames I bought), Colony, and Clayman... That is some good shit!

Hard to say what my favourite In Flames album is...

Up until Clayman, I'd have a hard time choosing, every album had its own feel and just pulled it off so amazingly well. I could be in a bad mood and throw in some In Flames, and then, suddenly, I'd be feeling all good and well again. I loved Clayman as well, but I just didn't think it was quite as good as their previous releases...Great album, but I think that was the turning point for In Flames, for me, when I could distinctively say, "I like this album less than their other releases, but I still think it kicks much ass."
Reroute I liked, but was easily my least favourite In Flames album... Someone else put it this way, "It is a mediocre album from a band that is anything but." And it is true. If it were from any other band, I would've said it was a good album, and say that I enjoyed it... but compared to their back catalogue...

And... now... yeah. This will mark the only In Flames album I will not buy. It is the only time I've heard In Flames songs and said, "I don't like this."

Soilwork seems to be the same way. Steelbath Suicide and Chainheart Machine are amazing albums. A Predator's Portrait was good, but not quite as good as the first two. Natural Born Chaos was very good, but a bit too simplistic when compared to their back catalogue...

And then there is Figure Number Five.

They should stop hanging around each other.
:loco:

yeah, jester race is my favorite in flames album as well despite the shitty quality of some of the songs (graveland). Moonshield is just so amazing, and the jester dance is one of my favorite instrumentals in the world.

My fav is Lunar Strain/Subterranean. The acoustic outro to everdying is magnificent. As for their new stuff, I can't stand it. It sounds like half euro metal half pop to me. We almost covered Everdying on the spot at a show on Saturday cuz somebody yelled out In Flames. We know that song, but we haven't practiced it, so we suck at it.