Nation of Domination - Thrash Metal

Aiden Macleod

New Metal Member
May 11, 2016
Direct inspiration from Metallica/Megadeth/Judas Priest!
Any feedback is welcome AND encouraged!

Attachments

• Nation of Domination.mp3
    7.2 MB · Views: 14
Well, as long as it's precise and thorough, either, or both really. I feel the song is pretty good, so I guess I'm seeking advice in the mix and production really.

Well production wise, I think your drums are a bit harsh , and nasal : try to reduce a bit the 3-4kHz range on the cymbals!
Snare feels a bit 2 dimensional, I'd try cutting around the 700-1kHz range, it might give it a little more beef...
Bass seems to overpower and mask the kick at times, making it quite weak, and blurring the low end, you should look a bit into that, try reducing its mids too,it could help focus its sound.
Globaly the balance doesn't seem off or anything, it's more fine tuning and giving it's instrument its own space at this point

Well, after 3-days of intense mixing and re-mixing, I think I've got it perfect. I'm stillgoing to change the drums a bit so it fits more with the syncopated rhythms, but as far as levels, balance, EQ and cohesion, I think it's spot on. Oh, and I've added lead guitar to it as well. I can fill you in on the IRs and the other elements if you wish.

Attachments

• Nation of Domination.mp3
    7 MB · Views: 8