NC tonight!

rainmaker_2413

Shadow I am
Sep 23, 2006
Well, only a couple of hours until I head off to Charlotte to see the guys tonight. I'm not a fan of Destruction so I'll be leaving after IE finish their set. I'll let you guys know how the show went tonight when I get home. Take care IE fans!

pictures please

Will try my best. I've never been to this place before so don't know if they'll allow my digital camera. I was unable to go and get a disposable one today. But I will try my best to get some pics of the guys and if I can, I'll post them as soon as possible.

I will be heading out soon, too. I will give my play by play of the show. I am unsure of camera allowence. I am going to call the club, and see. If so, I should be able to get some hot pictures.

Bad news.....the show got cancelled. I'm really upset and I imagine more will be as well. I arrived extremely early (it was roughly a 2 hr trip down for me) . I was one of the only people in the parking lot. I sat in my truck for an hour or so because there didnt seem to be a line forming to get inside. I did see a tour bus leave around 7 o clock maybe and I was unsure of what was happening....Well I finally got out of my truck, proudly sporting my Buried In Oblivion hoodie, and walked to the door, extremely excited to see IE again. The guy inside informed me that both Destruction and Into Eternity left and were not coming back. The guy was really nice, he did give me a refund. He said that he THOUGHT it was mainly Destruction's decision but said their reasons were 1.Place was too small 2. The guys in both bands had the flu and 3. They didnt like the sound. He apologized, gave me my money, and I left. I still love IE and I always will but I'm just really upset. I wasted a whole lot of gas and money to go see a show that got cancelled right before it was supposed to begin... Anyways, I've went on long enough...I hope for an explanation from the band soon though...I hope all of you that get to see this tour enjoy it, I'm sure it would have been a great show. Later guys

the flu is one thing, but if they honestly cancelled the show because it was small and they didnt like the show then thats absolute bullshit. i really hope IE wouldnt pull something like this, what a slap in the face to people like you who traveled a long way to see the show

well, I stuck around for the whole show, only paid $5. It was three smaller bands. The first band was good, very fast, and fairly technical. Don't ask me the name, cause the guy growled it out, and growled out every name of every song they played:err: . The second band was a psuedo-satanic Emperor wannabe band, makeup and all. They pretty much blew:puke: . The third band was Wherewolf(spelling?). They sounded ok. I pretty much sat at the bar, and talked with the cool bartender.

I talked with the owner of the club, and he confirmed Destruction's illness. He, also, said there was a miscommunication with their booking agent, on nightly income from the shows. Destruction was not pleased with the club's sound system, and everything else pretty much made them decide to go to the next gig. Apparantly, IE is riding on the same bus, so they took off with them. So, I drove two hours, as well, only to be quite disappointed. If it wasn't for the decent convo with the bartender, I would have left immediately.

I'm sorry to hear that! It's a shitty thing to cancel a gig because of circumstances except illness of course.. I don't think IE has ever cancelled a gig for anything but illness or logistic problems like how single gigs sometimes get cancelled for a big tour etc. Although I can imagine a bit that if you're on the road all the time and several things come together that it will sometimes get the best of you and you walk away... I can't say how Destruction is, but IE certainly generally is a "the show must go on" band as the past has proven many times.

posting from Tim on myspace:

milestone show

Hi Everyone

Into Eternity is sorry for the cancelled gig tonight. The venue was not up to par and the crew couldn't do much under the circumstances. I know our band could have at least played a set, but we wouldn't have had any vocals because there was only two 5 inch monitors! I'm actually amazed that the building hasn't been condemned. The venue was the size of a living room.

This time around we were out voted and so we had to leave with the tour bus. I hope that we can rebook another show at a proper venue very soon. THanks for the support!!

TIM

posting from Tim on myspace:

I really hope they can reschedule another show. As nckissfan has already said in another thread, there are much better places in NC where a show could be booked.

To nckissfan: I thought about sticking around but I was so upset at the time that I just left. Hopefully something will be rescheduled though at a better venue.

IE certainly generally is a "the show must go on" band as the past has proven many times.

I can attest to that. When I saw them in New Hampshire, their tour bus was bigger than the place they played, but they went on anyway. I'm sure from their perspective, playing to a full house is the best there is...

But from a fan standpoint, there is nothing better than having your own private concert. :) With as much as IE tours, I can't imagine them blowing off even one fan who drove a long distance to see them.

As Tim confirmed, it was beyond their control... totally not an IE move, but I think it shows that they did want to at least try and play "We could have done one set". With that being said, I hope no one has hurt feelings or takes it out on the bands. Shit happens and with how the club was being described, it sounds like it could have been another Rhode Island mishap.

-Metal

well, I really don't agree with the sound issue. There have been tons of semi-big bands that have played there. The club owner told me he offered to go to the music store, and buy the bands whatever they needed to make it happen. I'm not mad at anybody, just frustrated that many people drove several hours to see nothing. The club itself has been operating for 20+ years, hosting tons of bands. Hell, Charlie Daniels has played there before.

I don't know what else to say.............

well, I really don't agree with the sound issue. There have been tons of semi-big bands that have played there. The club owner told me he offered to go to the music store, and buy the bands whatever they needed to make it happen. I'm not mad at anybody, just frustrated that many people drove several hours to see nothing. The club itself has been operating for 20+ years, hosting tons of bands. Hell, Charlie Daniels has played there before.

I don't know what else to say.............

Agreed. While I'm not mad at anyone in IE, it just really sucks to be looking forward to seeing one of your favorite bands and then, without any notice, it gets cancelled as you're walking in the doors of the venue. I was really looking forward to this show bc IE were supposed to get more playing time than the other times I have seen them. The guy taking tickets also told me the same things that were told to nckissfan, the people that run the Milestone seemed like really cool people and they were all extremely disappointed because this was supposed to be a big show for them. I would have been upset if the show had been cancelled a week before because I was looking forward to it so much...but driving 2 hours to the venue, getting there early, waiting, and then walking inside when the doors are supposed to be open only to be told that IE would not be playing really...really sucked. I don't think I've been so upset in a long time. I do believe Marlies about IE being a "show must go on" type of band and I still love IE and respect them as much as I did before, I just wish I could have saw them last night and I hope they return soon.

Okay, so I talked to Troy (for about 5 seconds, lol), Tim and Schmier (Destruction) a bit earlier. Apparently, this building looks like a normal rectangle building from the front, but the whole back part was a "condemned" type house attached to it. There were many issues with the place, namely the power problems. By that, I am talking about the fact that when the people at the club just turned on the "house lights", the breaker tripped. Now, if a breaker trips with just that, how are you going to be able to plug in any other lights or amps or monitors or microphones? The crew worked for quite a while trying to see what they could do with the power - anything that would salvage the show. If you were put in a situation like that and you cannot get a solid amount of power, I think you'd walk away too. It's too risky of a situation, I'd say anyway. Also, there were apparently two tiny speakers - and by tiny, I mean 6" or something like that. I think my tabletop stereo has bigger speakers. :) The "stage" was basically the living room of this "house" and the drum riser was maybe 7' x 6' - in other words, maybe big enough for the drumset and not the drummer (poor Steve and Marc, no love for the drummers). The crew really tried to work with this "venue" because they and both bands really do hate cancelling shows, but there was nothing more they could do. Yes, Into Eternity would have loved to have done an impromptu acoustic gig or something instead of not playing at all, but they are not the only ones on this tour in that tour bus. If not everyone is comfortable with the venue and whatnot, you have to compromise, and that compromise was to cancel the show and go on to the next venue.

I should also mention that Tim was outside talking to the record label at some point while things were being figured out. He was just in front of the building and he hears gun shots. He looked down to the corner and saw a bunch of gangbangers being all confrontational-looking. The label asked him what the sounds were and he just said oh, it's just gun shots down the street. LOL He saw a cop car go down the street and I think he said the second cop car stopped by him and told him at some point that he was sitting in basically the worst and most dangerous part of Charlotte and that there were a lot of gangbanger type people that lived and visit that area.

So needless to say, the bands got out of there. I just hope that everyone can understand that none of the members of either band or crew wanted to cancel the gig, but it just was all-around not safe. It's really sad that promoters would subject a band and their fans to something like this and lead a booking agent to believing that places like this are "actual" venues. When Tim was talking to the promoter or someone at the club, he asked about what kind of bands actually play there and the person told him that semi-national bands have played there in the past, but they wouldn't name any names.

Please don't be mad at the bands. Be mad at the promoter if anything. The guys in both bands really wanted to apologize for having to cancel.