NCAA basketball because of NBA lockout...

Jan 10, 2005
Anybody else watching NCAA in lieu of the lockout going on with the NBA? What are the teams to watch?

I have been watching the past couple of days, Michigan, Duke, etc., watching the EA Sports Maui Inv. right now.

I am curious, how does playing NCAA rules help these guys when it comes to NBA time? 2 20 minute halves, 35 second shot clocks... kind of silly. Some of these guys are good though. Something I noticed is a lot of these college players shoot the 3 point shot wayyyy far back from the line, like 5 feet in a lot of cases. I know there is a college 3 and NBA 3, which you can see on every floor, but why the hell are they shooting 5 feet back from the NBA line?? Unless the point is to miss, I don't get it, because the majority of the time they miss.

Even with NCAA ball going on I am still missing professional basketball. Almost prefer just playing NBA 2k on xbox rather than watching college games :X

Kentucky Wildcats all the way! My homestate. :D
Seriously though, haven't watched in ages. It's hard to catch NCAA in Germany. And I miss NBA matches a lot. Sucks ass. Even looks like Nowitzki might return to Europe just so he can play some ball again.

Yeah I was reading just the other day he is looking to sign in the EU fairly soon. It does suck. These guys only have so long they are able to compete at the pro level. The longer they are away from the routine of things when they finally come back it's more work for them to catch up to where they were before. Not to be selfish but it really sucks for the fans too, of course. The league offered a good deal last time they met, one that actually raised income for players a significant amount, but the players turned it down. Now they want to sue... honestly, that is a terrible decision and I highly doubt they are going to come out on top going that route. The league will most likely win in court and that puts the players in a worse position than they were in before litigation. I guess the only thing left is just hope it runs it's course as quickly as possible so they can get back on with it and back to playing the damn game. Until then, NCAA on tv and NBA 2k on consoles :lol:

:(

Yes, they seem to be quite money hungry, which is ironic looking at their salaries. However I don't know too much about what's going on.

Watching the NBA is analogous to listening to pop music. That's your bad in the first place. Seriously the NBA should have been destroyed 15 years ago. The league should be sued for faulty advertising. Calling that game "basketball" is a complete misnomer.

I prefer the NCAA to the NBA TBH. The sheer talent factor is much lower but the kids generally seem to play with more heart the whole season. I live in a major center for college basketball and sit courtside at 20+ games a year so take my opinion with a game of salt.