ND on Comcast Cable "ON DEMAND"

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
For those of you who are COMCAST subscribers, I saw that the AUTUMN REFLECTION is available for viewing in the ON DEMAND section.

Looks like this was provided by the FUSE Channel.

Great to see the band getting increased exposure! :headbang:

Nice, thanks for the heads up. I check the metal section of On-Demand all the time for new stuff.
Only problem is they put videos by emo/metalcore whatever garbage on there most of the time.

No prob. I check it too.

I have seen lots of videos for the first time on there, like stuff from COB, Amon Amarth, Dream Evil, etc.

I remember a couple years back, they even had an Emperor video on there.

I like it since I never watch Headbanger's Ball anymore.

Wow, a "Dominate The Human Strain" fan, cool :) Don't hear that too often.

The "Rain" video is available on our DVD, but we're working on getting it out there to be viewed in other outlets, we'll post when something is arranged.

Dominate the Human Strain is my favorite song off Novella Resevoir, funny you don't hear how awesome that song is often. Ya the Rain video was really good hopefully they can get one on demand one day. Still, very cool they put the Pale Haunt video up.

Wow, I have to be honest....
Dominate the Human Strain is my least fav track on TNR.

Though that's the beauty of ND.
Different songs appeal to folks differently.

Weird. I thought it would be up there at the top for everyone! I love the interesting chords used in the riff and the bridge. It's on my "psych up" playlist that I listen to on my way to judo or before a competition match. Gets the blood flowing and the mind focused! Rain and Drown The Inland Mere are on there too!

Don't get me wrong. It's a good track.
It's not like skip it when listening to the disc.
I just like the other ones better.

Songs like The Voice of Failure and Drown simply crush, esp in a live setting.

Wow. Very different opinion on Dominate. Funny story with that song, it almost didn't make the cut on the CD. We wrote it, and dropped it from the list, and came back to it many months later and liked it more after revisiting it. If I remember correctly, there were a few songs we cut from Novella. There's other songs I enjoy performing more on Novella, but I think it certainly belongs on that CD. It's cool you guys like it that much!

I can't really think of any instances where something that was dropped during pre-production for an album, wound up on the next album instead. I know that "Twilight Innocence" was something that I started working on literally at the very last minute before heading into the studio for "Pale Haunt...", so it wasn't completed in time for inclusion on that cd, and instead showed up on TNR. But that song was just a brief idea at that point, not really a full song, so I don't think that really counts.

"Dominate..." was one of those songs where I had a strong feeling about it from the moment I wrote it, but it wasn't really coming across properly when the rest of the band was joining in and trying to make it work. Finally once we had the other songs completely written and a direction and overall vibe were firmly in place for the cd, we revisited that song and had a better grasp on making it work. It still didn't come out 100% the way I'd initially envisioned it but that's how it goes sometimes.

The tail end of "Leaving This" was tried on Pale Haunt, I can't remember which song... Larry night remember.

We tried it, and the idea came up after I had recorded all my death vocals, so my voice was cashed, and I couldn't sing clean at that point after a LONG evening of growling. We did it with keys or guitars or something instead, and Dan Swano actually talked us into leaving it off the song. Larry then added the idea to "Leaving This" instead, and in my opinion, I'm glad it worked out that way, because they epic ending of that song is a highlight of the CD for me.

That, and Twilight Innocence might be the only two "left overs" we've used again, and like Larry said, Twilight was a left over really, it was just incomplete.

We usually have a few songs that don't make the cut after each CD. When we go back and listen to the songs later, we always realize the newer material we have is better. Writing this new CD, we've already discarded several ideas, and recently pulled a riff or two from the dead songs. It's all a process for us to give you the BEST possible songs we have.