ND on the cover of Metal Maniacs Jul. '07

NvmbrsDoom5

Jul 24, 2002
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
Hey there everyone, just wanted to let you know that we're in the newest issue of Metal Maniacs that just hit the shelves today. The main featured band on the cover is Dimmu Borgir, but we are pictured in the upper left hand corner of the cover too :kickass: This is our third time featured on the front of Metal Maniacs, so that's pretty cool! It's a pretty good article, too. Just thought some of you might want to check it out.

Yeah, that's kinda odd to me too how they do that. It's always been that way with magazines, where they date it two months or so ahead of the actual street date. Oh well they can date it however they want, I'm just glad we're in it :)

Awesome news. Congrats!
Metal Maniacs is definitely one of the better underground metal rags around.

I have also seen small write-ups on you guys in Decibel and Hails and Horns.

it would be even better if they sold that magazine around here... there used to be 2 or 3 places to buy it, and now there are ZERO.

Yeah that pretty much boils down to whoever is in charge of ordering for those chains in your area. Each district has their own buyer who determines what product is worth stocking and usually goes by previous sales estimates and so on. If the mag wasn't selling enough before then they probably decided to discontinue carrying it, which is a shame. Honestly, best thing to do is get a subscription, it's waaaaaaaaay cheaper than buying it at the store anyhow. Even if you only read half the articles they print, for the price it's pretty reasonable.

l_0c514898a323556f811169d35dd9432e.jpg

That's cool that you guys are getting exposure like that. Yesterday I went to CDPlus, who mainly carry stuff from popular metal bands but occasionally have some underground stuff, and I saw a copy of The Novella Reservoir which I thought was really cool. I didn't expect to see something by ND in this city at all, let alone at a store like cdplus.

Awesome! The shop I used to buy Metal Maniacs yet is closed, I'm gonna look around and see where I can find it. It's very cool that you guys are on the cover yet again, I still have a copy of the one you were on in 05 I think it was.