Ne Obliviscaris - Extreme/Prog/Melodic Metal...and violin? (Australia)

Mechailus

Apr 26, 2006
Greetings all,

Initally formed in 2003, Ne Obliviscaris are a 6 piece metal band from Melbourne, Australia consisting of 2 guitars, bass, drums, dual vocals, and violin. Including a vast array of influences within their sound from black to progressive, thrash, death and melodic metal, and even western art music, they create music of many extremes including darkness, light, intensity, melody, brutality and beauty. At times very technical and complex and at others simple and subtle, Ne Obliviscaris create an extremely original brand of metal which defies normal categorisation.

They had their first show on February 23rd, 2006 and Gary Carson from PBS Radio's leading metal show 'Screaming Symphony' hailed Ne Obliviscaris' live debut saying:

"Can I just say here to everybody that Ne Obliviscaris is the BEST band debut I have seen from a local outfit ever. Not to put any pressure but this was just totally mind-blowing. I am shocked."

The last few months they've played many shows with the likes of Truth Corroded, Minus Life, Alarum, The Eternal, Lycanthia, Elegeion, Kania and so forth...next gig will see them alongside Gospel of the Horns in July.

They've recently been confirmed to play in Sydney at the The Funeral Moon festival in September.

Below you can find rehearsal audio samples:
Temp website: http://www.myspace.com/neobliviscaris

Forum: http://www.sinister.com.au/_forum/index.php?showforum=52

Any feedback is welcome.

I saw them play with The Eternal a few weeks ago and I can vouch that they're going to change metal in Australia. The standard of sophisticated black metal with the amazing violin is unique and brilliant.

requiem said:
I saw them play with The Eternal a few weeks ago and I can vouch that they're going to change metal in Australia. The standard of sophisticated black metal with the amazing violin is unique and brilliant.

Cheers for the comments (Absinthe)...your words are always encouraging.

Keep up the great work that is Rainshadow!

requiem said:
No worries. Just keep playing kick arse metal and I'll write encouraging comments!

Cheers. I don't think we'll be lowering standards anytime at all, so you'll get nothing but our best efforts!