Metal/Rock/Jazz/Folk/Alternative Violinist Available for Session Work

Atheny

Aug 11, 2006
Quickly gaining a reputation as one of the leading alternative violinists in the metal world, I have been studying violin classically since the age of 6 (I am 24 now), have studied with some of the best violin teachers across Australia and I will be completing a Bachelor of Music (majoring in performance) this October.

I perform as part of the Melbourne, Australia based progressive/extreme/melodic metal band Ne Obliviscaris where my unique violin style that combines virtuosity with style and a contemporary feel has been lauded by many. I also play in an instrumental jazz trio with Brendan Brown (Bassist for Ne Obliviscaris) and Scott Young (Guitarist for Alarum), perform classically on a regular basis, and am in high demand as a session violinist here in Australia and overseas.

As well as being very advanced technically, I am an advanced improviser, a quick learner and a very musical performer with a great understanding of all styles of music from rock, metal, jazz, fusion, folk, classical, electronica and hip hop.

I have several examples of my playing on my personal myspace site (found here: http://myspace.com/atheny ) including a live recording of a classical composition of my own, an improvisation based on an Indian raga as well as an excerpt from a song by my band, Ne Obliviscaris, and a live video as well.

Anyone interested in utilising my services worldwide can contact me on: atheny@gmail.com

Any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Sincerely,

Tim Charles (aka Atheny)