Ne Obliviscaris

Hubster

Oct 29, 2003
Bondi Australia
A young band with an almost eerie level of professionalism, they have just released their first demo called "The Aurora Veil" following a highly successful string of gigs up and down the Australian coast, building up a devoted cult following on the way.

Their material is built on a foundation of Black Metal, with classical music and spanish flamenco interludes all fused together in an avantgarde style. In a unique twist, their violin usage provides a second virtuoso in combination with their beautiful guitar solos and acoustic interludes, extending into explosive and tight Black Metal . "Alarmingly" mature songwriting is clearly audible on their demo, proving an approach which is very much beyond their years.

Blistering drumming supports the weaving vocal performances: snarled black metal styled shrieks, thick lower growls, and clean, beautiful warm baritone singing, their music is truly unique. This band is destined for an extremely bright future and should be snapped up as soon as possible. Ne Obliviscaris is definitely the most skilled and creative eruption of metal that Australia has ever seen.

I cannot recommend enough how amazing and unique this band's material is, a most worthy investigation for any lover of Black Metal and more avantgarde or artistic styles.

www.myspace.com/neobliviscaris

They're actually quite good. Not what I'd usually get into at all, but they're obviously well talented. And they're from Melbs... :kickass: Cheers for the recommendation.

This is indeed really amazing stuff. Love the acoustics/bass in these songs. The violins are also really done well. Agreed, that for only a demo the songwriting is insane (not to mention the playing itself :eek:).
Thanks for the excellent recommendation:Shedevil: This band definitely has a bright future.

hey, come now, we have a few good metal bands, Australia is just not big on labels that sign them so they dont get out there. Look up the band Dark Omen, they are a brilliant thrash act or click on the Midnight Parasites in my sig if you like rock with a metal influence.

I am definetely going to see these guys one day, they are amazing. Does anyone know where to get a full copy of the demo or some T-shirts or something to spread the word.

Check their myspace and their forum, Sabin, and get onto it QUICK. These guys will be the biggest metal act Australia has seen for decades and damn soon.

^ Hey mate. Hit their forum and message Atheny, he'll let you know how to order it, as it's not available from the stores yet, only from the band themselves or at gigs.

This is exactly the awesome kind of music I've been looking for.

Edit: This band kind of reminds me of Chthonic. Does anyone know anymore bands like this, really talented metal bands that use a wide variety of instruments without giving up that metal feel(like folk metal tends to do) and usually combining rough vocals and clean vocals and both complex heavy parts and simple emotional parts. Because I can't get enough of the stuff.

This is exactly the awesome kind of music I've been looking for.

Edit: This band kind of reminds me of Chthonic. Does anyone know anymore bands like this, really talented metal bands that use a wide variety of instruments without giving up that metal feel(like folk metal tends to do) and usually combining rough vocals and clean vocals and both complex heavy parts and simple emotional parts. Because I can't get enough of the stuff.

Draconian are a completely different style, but they do that well, the mixing of instruments, rough and clean vocals, heavy and soft parts.

Still, there is only one NeO, I will see you guys at Sonic Forge, coming from interstate to watch it.

Ha, yeah, well I was going to go see them next time they are in Adelaide but as I live half way between Adelaide and Melbourne I figured I may as well take a weekend off work and go to Sonic Forge, it should be awesome.

Oh, for anyone interested in supporting the band, they now have a street team up and running, so check it out. www.myspace.com/neostreetteam