NEAL MORSE BAND: The Similitude Of A Dream

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
THE NEAL MORSE BAND - THE SIMILITUDE OF A DREAM ALBUM DUE IN NOVEMBER; MORE DETAILS REVEALED, LYRIC VIDEO STREAMING

"...the current lineup of The Neal Morse Band - Morse, Portnoy, bassist Randy George, keyboardist Bill Hubauer and guitarist Eric Gillette - brings forth The Similitude Of A Dream, a concept album to be released November 11th on Radiant Records via Metal Blade Records/SONY. Pre-orders for The Similitude Of A Dream are live at Radiant Records’ website. This will be the eighth studio album with Morse, Portnoy and George, and the second as a true collaboration with this current lineup. A lyric video for the song, “Overture” is streaming below..."

nealmorsealbumssept.jpg

Tour dates:

January
14 - Nashville, TN – venue tba
17 - Seattle, WA – Triple Door
18 - San Francisco, CA – Regency Ballroom
21 - Whittier, CA - Center Theater www.calprog.com
22 - Phoenix, AZ – Nesbitt-Elliott Playhouse Theater
24 - Denver, CO – Oriental Theater
25 - Dallas, TX – Curtain Club
26 - St Louis, MO – Delmar Hall
27 - St Charles, IL – Arcada Theater
28 - Cleveland, OH – Beachland Ballroom
30 - Toronto, ON – Mod Room
31 - Montreal, QC – Club Soda

February
1 - Quebec City, QC - Salle Jean Paul Tardif
2 - New York, NY – Highline Ballroom
3 - Washington DC – State Theater
4 - Atlanta, GA - City Winery

May
6 - Gettysburg PA - RosFest

EDIT: dates as of 10/19/16

Last edited:
If Neil Morse wasn't so preachy he would be the most interesting progressive force out there! In saying that, Neil Morse is one of the most interesting progressive forces out there! He's an absolute juggernaut! His band is an assembled group of amazing musicians. If I was Portnoy, I would not give one single fuck about Dream Theater and "The Astonishing"ly bad career choice they made.

This goes on my blind buy list along with anything else Morse decides to do

If I was Portnoy, I would not give one single f*ck about Dream Theater and "The Astonishing"ly bad career choice they made.

I think Portnoy knows exactly where he is at and where he wants to be. And, I think he does give a single f*ck about DT and "The Astonishing" else he wouldn't make sure everyone knows his thoughts about the upcoming NM disc: "I'll just say this: If you think you've heard the Prog Album of 2016, you ain't heard nuthin' yet! Wait 'til you get a load of this..."

More Portnoy musings about "...the GREATEST album of my career..." in the following links:
MIKE PORTNOY CHECKS IN FROM THE NEAL MORSE BAND RECORDING SESSIONS; NEW DOUBLE CONCEPT ALBUM "AN ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE"

MIKE PORTNOY REVEALS "THE GREATEST ALBUM OF MY CAREER"

MIKE PORTNOY, NEAL MORSE GUEST ON ONE ON ONE WITH MITCH LAFON; “START OF NEXT YEAR I’LL BE OUT WITH THE NEAL MORSE BAND,” SAYS PORTNOY (AUDIO)

MIKE PORTNOY TALKS FORTHCOMING NEAL MORSE BAND CONCEPT ALBUM - "BY THE TIME I WAS ROUNDING THE ALBUM'S GRAND FINALE I ACTUALLY WEPT LIKE A BABY"

I just can't take Morse music seriously since he went full-on Christian. It really does not have to do with disparaging his belief or religion. I understand that all kinds of people make music about what is important in their life, and religion is important to him. But the fact that he basically can't not talk about this single subject in his music is kinda annoying. Also, I don't like how he went from being able to write broadly appealing metaphors about spirituality in early Spock's Beard and Transatlantic to awkward ham-fisted blatant lyrics about "the lord" etc. Again, not insulting any religion or anyone's beliefs, it would be annoying if a band sang that constantly and clumsily about sushi too :)

BTW, You can find some of Portnoy's comments online about how amazing Adrenaline Mob was too :p

Reactions: Kez
I just can't take Morse music seriously since he went full-on Christian. It really does not have to do with disparaging his belief or religion. I understand that all kinds of people make music about what is important in their life, and religion is important to him. But the fact that he basically can't not talk about this single subject in his music is kinda annoying. Also, I don't like how he went from being able to write broadly appealing metaphors about spirituality in early Spock's Beard and Transatlantic to awkward ham-fisted blatant lyrics about "the lord" etc. Again, not insulting any religion or anyone's beliefs, it would be annoying if a band sang that constantly and clumsily about sushi too :)

BTW, You can find some of Portnoy's comments online about how amazing Adrenaline Mob was too :p

I can certainly appreciate your point of view regarding his preaching. That said, The Grand Experiment doesn't reference religion at all. It's worth a listen.

I can certainly appreciate your point of view regarding his preaching. That said, The Grand Experiment doesn't reference religion at all. It's worth a listen.

Some parts in Alive Again, mostly at the end, are moderately overt but much of the rest is cloaked. For me I feel his spirituality in his musical choices and colors nowadays.

The early reviews of this release seem to confirm that Portnoy wasn't just blowing smoke when he said this is the best album he's ever been part of.

I've listened to a large portion of this cd today and I am going to say this...THIS IS A FUCKING MONSTER! Holy damn is this cd amazing! I think we need to expand ProgPowerUSA and add Sunday morning with Neal Morse, every year! He can preach all he wants if his music continues to be this great!