Necrophagist upcoming album

indecizo

Jun 11, 2011
Anybody here knows what's up? I recall some guys in this forum were close to the band and posted updates back in the day but so far there's close to zero information about the state of the album. It's been ten years since the last one was released, this is ridiculous. The only info I could gather was the band fuck you and die saying their mastering engineer at iguana said it's coming, in a studio video earlier this year. The same was said back in 2011. Anybody here knows what's taking so long?

3q2x4u.jpg

The last update I can find is from almost a year ago. I dunno, mang. I'm interested in this as well.

EDIT: And what in the ever-loving FUCK would the proper pronunciation of that name be?

I always said it "necro-fayjist"......

That's the way I pronounce it.

I believe the secrecy is the label's fault and they don't want any information leaked. The problem is that it's taking forever and the question is why would they do that? At this point they could've recorded two albums and writing another one. Or maybe suicmez is too perfectionist, but ten years doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe music has taken a back seat for him, afaik he's into ingeneering and marketing but still. He's got a formal band and all.

I hope that they're going to sort out whatever is going on and continue to create and release more music. I saw them live several years ago and they were amazing!

I just wonder how no one has asked Muhammed what the deal is. "Hey bro, you know that metal band you have? Yeah what's up with that?"

But I guess not.

This band makes Wintersun look prolific. I'm actually blown away that they've maintained so much interest based on a 30 minute album a decade ago. It's amazing. Good for them.

This band makes Wintersun look prolific. I'm actually blown away that they've maintained so much interest based on a 30 minute album a decade ago. It's amazing. Good for them.

I think it´s because that album was and still is a benchmark in the syle.

Anyway, I could say the same about metallica, they still sold out shows, yet they dont do something relevant in the past 20 years, still sucking their 80´s glory, so to say. Because I really doubt that most people that attend to metallica show are there to see them performing that shit from st.anger or death magnetic. So, they are still squeezing money from the classics.

Apparently they're going to release 17 albums at once to make up for lost time. That is a lot of paper.

I did some intern work at Relapse Records earlier this year.

I was told one tiny piece of information that in the grand scheme of things is irrelevant news.

From what I could gather, things are definitely happening, but they're taking some time.. they're happening though.

That's all I was ever told, anything to do with Necrophagist is so unbelievably top secret that nobody except the very tip top heads of department knows a fucking thing

That's all I was ever told, anything to do with Necrophagist is so unbelievably top secret that nobody except the very tip top heads of department knows a fucking thing

To be honest, at this rate how relevant are they gonna be to the tech death scene? Epitaph is a decade old and still stands tall but things have moved on a bit and almost every dime a dozen tech death band can do what Necro did and its only the more unique bands like the Faceless that are as big as Necro were.

To be honest, at this rate how relevant are they gonna be to the tech death scene? Epitaph is a decade old and still stands tall but things have moved on a bit and almost every dime a dozen tech death band can do what Necro did and its only the more unique bands like the Faceless that are as big as Necro were.

The fact that this thread occurs nearly annually for a band that released an album 10 years ago shows how relevant they still are.
A new album would be a pretty monumental event for a lot of people. It just depends on how good the album turns out really.

The fact that this thread occurs nearly annually for a band that released an album 10 years ago shows how relevant they still are.
A new album would be a pretty monumental event for a lot of people. It just depends on how good the album turns out really.

I agree with this. Music has come a long way esp. guitar arpeggios/scales/sweeps.