The Necrophagist Thread

Really? That's cool. I knew they were working on a new one but stopped checking their website after nothing seemed to be happening for months.

Reactions: Carcassian
"The Necrophagist Thread October 28th, 2006 10:45 PM why are you red?"

Deron displaying his fine administrative skills once more. He's reset it to 0 now.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Because Crimson Massacre is fucking horrible due to the piss-poor production values

The production is great - every instrument is audible and crisp - it just isn't scooped to hell for a 'hot' sound. But there's an easy solution to that problem. It's called 'turn up the volume'.

inability of the vocalist to be evocative of any emotion

There isn't a death metal vocalist alive that evokes emotion. Death metal vocals exist for rhythmic emphasis alone. That's always been the case and it always will be.

spazzy/retarded drumming

How so? The drumming style is reminiscent of Gorguts - in other words, pretty interesting.

and lack of really good riffs.

The riffs aren't catchy - but they are brilliant and evocative. You just have to have more than a one bar attention span.

Also, the band considers themselves partly "classical" according to their Myspace which is THE most fucking pretentious thing ever.

Yeah, it's called "melody," something the fag bands you listen to don't get: not surprisingly, you don't either.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Because Crimson Massacre is fucking horrible due to the piss-poor production values, inability of the vocalist to be evocative of any emotion (he's almost as bad as DiSalvo in Cryptopsy in terms of not fitting the music), spazzy/retarded drumming, and lack of really good riffs. I mean Necrophagist also has one or more of these problems objectively, but seriously, The Luster Of Pandemonium is horrible.

Also, the band considers themselves partly "classical" according to their Myspace which is THE most fucking pretentious thing ever.
This is a terrible post.

The things they do with the vocals fucking rule. Everything is the album sends the listener into swarm of chaos all connecting together. I cannot believe you don't see this, The Luster of Pandemonium is one of the best new death metal albums.

They lack good riffs? How so? Their riffs go off of each other very well, and it's very fitting. Also their drumming flows well with the guitars making the atmosphere come out even more.

Some of the riffs are quite good, but the band is way too fucking pretentious and it's really like they're trying to acheive something they can't get to. I simply dislike the CD. I've listened to it multiple times, enjoy plenty of music that tries the patience (for instance; drone, noise, drawn-out black metal, haranguing tech. death etc.), and enjoy some of the riffs and drum patterns used, but it seems intensely fragmented in terms of ideas used/applied, song lengths (erratic at best, stick within a particular range and perhaps cut out some short songs for some longer ones), etc. However, I do like that their songs are not just complete high-note lead-wank fests.

My Man Mahmoud said:
Yeah, it's called "melody," something the fag bands you listen to don't get: not surprisingly, you don't either.

Haha what.

i always hear about the psycroptic vs necrophagist bullshit!, i like both the bands but necrophagist has a better sound even though psycroptic is still amazing

I will not forgive you for putting D666 into such a gay sig.

Psycroptic are by far a more interesting band because there's more emphasis on all the instruments instead of just the guitar. But they're both pretty dull after about a week.

My Man Mahmoud said:
Too much time spent practicing their sweeps, not nearly enough time spent thinking about how to write a song.

that sums them up, all right. all that sweeping gets so boring to listen to anyway, especially when the music is devoid of any kind of emotional appeal and their songwriting isnt memorable either.

Devy_Metal said:
that sums them up, all right. all that sweeping gets so boring to listen to anyway, especially when the music is devoid of any kind of emotional appeal and their songwriting isnt memorable either.
well to me necrophagist is actually pretty catchy and memorable.
who can forget the Fermented Offal Discharge solo? that is just one of the best ever:headbang: