The little things that ruin albums

Hammerfall and Edguy are OK by me.

Anyway, bad production is one. I don't mind a raw production when it adds to the effect, but when used for stuff such as Evergrey's Dark Discovery album, it totally ruins the entire thing.

Secondly, excessive use of Keyboards. But quite often,I can hack it

At The Gates - With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness - might have been better than Slaughter of the Soul, but we'll never know because the production is horrible

Amon Amarth - The Crusher - Not too great regardless, but songs like As Long As The Raven Flies and Masters of War would be amazing if not for shitty production

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse - Amazing as it is, but the vocals are to far back in the mix, and also there are tons of guitar melodies that you can't really hear because the production is so poor (Although not being able to hear the snare drum makes it better, imo)

Shadows Fall (ALL with Brian Fair on voxx) - Still great, but that dude can't sing for shit

Lamb of God - New American Gospel

It's an excellent, almost immaculate album, but Chris Adler sounds like he's pounding on a bunch of pillows instead of a drum set.

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse - Amazing as it is, but the vocals are to far back in the mix, and also there are tons of guitar melodies that you can't really hear because the production is so poor (Although not being able to hear the snare drum makes it better, imo)

The vocals blend in better with the atmosphere rather than acting on their own. As for the melodies, you need better headphones to pick out those melodies. ITNE's production is one of the best jobs that black metal's ever rendered.