Need Advice on a Metal Mix

rsf1977

New Metal Member
Apr 23, 2009
Jersey City
www.facebook.com
I'm not an engineer, but i know a bit about recording. My band is in the studio working on some tracks and we got a preliminary mix done the other night and I was hoping if you guys could give me some advice on the tones and blend of everything. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance/

http://soundcloud.com/rsf1977/thats-a-robot-son-test-mix

there's a long intro and some silence that shouldn't be there. The track really starts going around 21sec in, sorry about that.

The kick could be more noticable. I can't really here the kick that much. Guitars are little more louder than the drums.

The kick definitely needs bringing up, and I don't know whether you're recording a real kit or using a program but the snare needs more velocity in some of the hits. Other than that, it's sounding good to my ears.

it's actually a real kit. The problem is our drummers snare sounded really dull and dead. I worked with the sound engineer to try and add some snap with EQ. Are there any tricks to getting a snare to pop more, I really am not happy with the snare either