Rough Mix Need Advice - Metalcore w/Some Djenty Parts

something just sounds completely wrong with the guitars. just try and get a perfectly clean di into the computer first.

yea i was trying to avoid retracking them but i guess thats what im gonna have to do...also, this was before i had much experience recording, so i basically didn't master the track i just put brick walls on everything, lol. I think im gona re mix this whole track and see where im at.

OK here it is with retracked guitars am i on the right track this time?? Snare sounds shittier in this one i think...I did a lot of remixing on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snare is indeed shit in this one IMO.. Mix is ok but your need to bring everything more upfront and clearer.

any tips on snare processing? right now it's 8 band eq, c1 compressor, trueverb... also, my kicks always seem so shitty i can't get a punchy metal kick for the life of me... as far as guitars and bass is there anything specific wrong with it? i know the breakdowns need to be played tighter i'l probably try to get those cleaner tonight.

Actually I don't put any EQ (maybe some 250) or Comp on my snare.Try putting a clipper on it and let's say : one sample for bottom and one other sample for crack. Don't that much reverb on the snare if you want it in your face.. For the kick try blending 2 samples : 1 for low and 1 for click/slap.

Ok here is what i think is my best so far...I couldn't get the dual samples to work. maybe its the samples i have? i need to just get slate drums already, lol. anyways, let me know...

Last edited by a moderator: